The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications, GIFEC, has handed over forty five computer units to the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) at a short presentation ceremony in Accra on Friday 7th September 2012.
The ceremony was attended by some of the Executives of the Union, namely Rex Omar, Bessa Simons, Rev. Fiifi Khan, Ahuma Bosco and Tic Tac as well as the immediate past President, Mrs. Diana Hopeson.
In a brief meeting before the presentation, Honorable Kofi Attor, the Administrator and CEO of GIFEC mentioned that music and musicians have huge potential and his company is proud to support the Union in the area of ICT. Aside the computers, he also mentioned the addition of a coloured printer, a scanner and a projector. He went on to add that the items are for MUSIGA offices throughout the country.
A breakdown of the items is as follows: fifteen of the computers will be used to furnish the MUSIGA Resource Center at the National Head Office. The remaining offices throughout the country will get two computers each. The National Head Office will get the remaining items to facilitate in the work of the Union.
Already, the company has installed two air-conditioner units at the Resource Center. They will also be in charge of the installations of all the computers. The fully furnished Resource Center will be launched later next week. Present at the meeting were some Managers of GIFEC.
Bessa Simons, the Second Vice President of MUSIGA and Mrs. Diana Hopeson, a lifetime Patron and immediate Past President received the items on behalf of the Union. Bice Osei Kuffour, the current MUSIGA President is currently out of the country for a program.
In a related development, some of the Executives of the Union on the morning of this same day, met with the Technical Committee and representatives of KPMG to finalize issues concerning the research on the contribution of music to the GDP of Ghana at the office of the World Bank in Accra. This research is being funded by The Government of Ghana and supported by The World Bank.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date