The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications, GIFEC, has handed over forty five computer units to the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) at a short presentation ceremony in Accra on Friday 7th September 2012.
The ceremony was attended by some of the Executives of the Union, namely Rex Omar, Bessa Simons, Rev. Fiifi Khan, Ahuma Bosco and Tic Tac as well as the immediate past President, Mrs. Diana Hopeson.
In a brief meeting before the presentation, Honorable Kofi Attor, the Administrator and CEO of GIFEC mentioned that music and musicians have huge potential and his company is proud to support the Union in the area of ICT. Aside the computers, he also mentioned the addition of a coloured printer, a scanner and a projector. He went on to add that the items are for MUSIGA offices throughout the country.
A breakdown of the items is as follows: fifteen of the computers will be used to furnish the MUSIGA Resource Center at the National Head Office. The remaining offices throughout the country will get two computers each. The National Head Office will get the remaining items to facilitate in the work of the Union.
Already, the company has installed two air-conditioner units at the Resource Center. They will also be in charge of the installations of all the computers. The fully furnished Resource Center will be launched later next week. Present at the meeting were some Managers of GIFEC.
Bessa Simons, the Second Vice President of MUSIGA and Mrs. Diana Hopeson, a lifetime Patron and immediate Past President received the items on behalf of the Union. Bice Osei Kuffour, the current MUSIGA President is currently out of the country for a program.
In a related development, some of the Executives of the Union on the morning of this same day, met with the Technical Committee and representatives of KPMG to finalize issues concerning the research on the contribution of music to the GDP of Ghana at the office of the World Bank in Accra. This research is being funded by The Government of Ghana and supported by The World Bank.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nollywood Actress-Stephanie Okereke’s Cousin Arrested For Raping A University Student: He Says It’s Must Have Been The Devil That Made Him Do It
- Ghanaian Lady Who Tried to Smuggle 12 Kilos of Cocaine into London Has Been on Wanted List Since 2009 in Ghana & Yet She Was Everywhere in Ghana Without Any Arrest?
- Austrian Newspaper Says The Ghanaian Lady Arrested At Heathrow With Cocaine Worth Over 5 Million Dollars Must Be STUPID | And We Agree…
- Starr 103.5 FM Wins An Award Just 4-Months into Business
- Comedy of Errors: Man Attempts to Sell Stolen Goods Back to Its OWNER, Gets Arrested