September 9: NDC Zongo Caucus congratulates President Mahama
The National Executive of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Zongo Caucus, on Saturday congratulated President John Dramani Mahama for being endorsed as the party flagbearer. A joint statement signed by Alhaji Yussif Captain, National Coordinator of the Zongo Caucus and Alhaji Baba Sherif, Deputy National Coordinator, also congratulated the NDC for a successful extraordinary congress which endorsed President Mahama as the Presidential Candidate of the Party.
September 9: 2 Registers Missing At Kwabre West, 1,127 Names Affected
There is growing anxiety and apprehension among the 1,127 voters who registered at two polling centers in the Kwabre West constituency of the Ashanti Region, over their inability to check their names on the provisional voters roll, as the biometric registers for the two centers are missing. The provisional registers for Hemang near Ankaase and Afrancho, have not been traced, five days into the exhibition.
September 8: Majority Debunks NPP’s Claims
The Majority in Parliament has stated that there is no iota of truth in the assertion by the Minority that the ruling NDC is coercing and manipulating the Electoral Commission (EC) to create 45 new constituencies for the December elections. “The creation of the 45 new constituencies is neither the baby of the ruling government nor the Majority group in Parliament, but the baby of the Electoral Commission which has been mandated by the Constitution,” it said. The Majority Leader, Mr Cletus Avoka, who addressed a press conference in Accra Friday, said the actions of the Minority by insinuating that the EC was incapable of managing the new 45 constituencies amounted to interference in the work of the EC.
September 7: Majority Cautions Minority
The Majority in Parliament on Friday cautioned the Minority on the need for national cohesion as the country approached the December Elections, urging them not to “unnecessarily beat war drums when there is no semblance of war”. They said, recent issues raised by the Minority giving the impression that government was coercing the Electoral Commission (EC) to create 45 new constituencies to favour the ruling national Democratic Congress, was “false” and that that stance could incite the people against government and undermine Ghana’s democratic processes and the integrity of the EC in successfully conducting the impending elections.
September 7: I’ll Drastically Transform Ghana’s Economy – Akufo-Addo
The flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has ended his tour of Ashaiman promising to transform Ghana’s current economy into an industrial economy. Addressing traders and residents at Ashaiman, Nana Addo preached his message of free education policy and stressed the commitment of his party to develop Ghana drastically. “I want to make Ghana an Industrial economy, a manufacturing economy that will create jobs for the people of this country.
September 7: Parliament Likely To Sit On Weekends For Passage Of CI 78
Parliament is considering extending sittings to include Saturdays and Sundays to enable it pass the CI 78 which is to give legal backing to the creation of 45 new constituencies. The document requires 21 days to mature and leadership of Parliament hopes this move will help quicken the process.
September 7: Gbevlo Lartey To Investigate NDC Leaked Tape
National Security Coordinator, Larry Gbevlo Lartey says he will invite persons connected with a leaked tape in which NDC National Organizer, Yaw Boateng Gyan is heard plotting to infiltrate the national security for electoral purposes. Mr. Boateng Gyan intends to issue national security identity cards to NDC agents to enable them undertake operations on behalf of the ruling National Democratic Congress.
September 7: President Mahama Arrives In Togo On “Thank You Tour”
President John Dramani Mahama on Thursday announced that Ghana would continue to cement its relations with its neighbors, in the West African sub-region, in the areas of security and the provision of social amenities. He said areas of collaboration would continue to include water supply, energy, piracy and the maintenance of peace and security in the West African coastline.
September 4: Kotoka Airport Upgrade Ready In 3 Years
The Chief Executive Officer of Ghana Airports Company Limited, Mrs Doreen Owusu Fianko, has said the expansion works at the Kotoka International Airport will be completed in two and a half years to upgrade with modern facilities. She said new parking lots were being constructed to take in more aircraft, aerobridges would be constructed with new baggage handling equipment.
September 5: Investors Still Prefer Ghana
The American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) Ghana says Ghana will continue to be an attractive destination for US investments. In an interview with Graphic Business, Mr Philippe Ayivor, President of AMCHAM, Ghana mentioned that good governance, the rule of law, particularly, the respect of the sanctity of contracts, political stability and the safe environment in the country were some of the factors working in the country’s favour. According to statistics from the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), since 2009 there has been an increase in the number and value of US investments in Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?