Contestants of the Next Big Thing which is shown on GH-One TV on Sunday at 6PM saw the emcees performing their first task.
The 12 with the stage names; Bebelino, E.D.N.A (the only female emcee) Tee-flow, MrIllygal, Leetee, Magnificent, Nate-pro, Strongman, Jojo, King Kosovo, Selorm and Back are set to take the competition to the next level.
The contestants the first week met with scientific and Mensa of FOKN Bois fame who interacted and enlighten them on the business side of the Hip-Hop industry. They also had some lessons on the free-styling. After all the pampering they received from this meeting the contestants were faced with their first perform session.
The emcees choose songs from their Hip Hop icons all over the world such as Kanye West, Coolio, 50cent, Cassidy, Tiger, Drake, Fabulous, Maino, Eminem and MI. Though no one chose any GH Hip Hop artistes, it was a night of fun as the emcees took turns to perform with the aim of outperforming the other emcee in hopes of winning the hearts of the judges and the public.
Judges for the night was the rap doctor Okyeame Kwame and the first lady Eazzy who both expected exciting performances from the emcees.The overall performance was good; most of the emcees had the right attitude to the songs they chose, good diction and articulation, good usage of the stage and some dance moves that thrilled the audience.
Magnificent and E.D.N.A had good feedback from the audience. Some emcees indulged the audience in their performance making them not feel left out while others incorporated their own freestyle into the songs and tried to make it their own.
Some emcees forgot the lyrics to the songs because they were nervous or probably taken out of their comfort zone and were expected to give a performance that would not be just like their icons.
Some emcees tried editing the songs on stage by taking out swearing words were also found wanting as they did not know what to replace the swearing words with.
The judges had mixed feelings and mixed reactions about some emcees but on the whole Eazzy was impressed with the emcees especially those who did a bit of dance moves because according to her most emcees were stiff on stage.
Okyeame Kwame also advised the up and coming emcees about taking breath control exercises and gave all twelve emcees thumps up for giving them a great show. There was no eviction on the night of performing their first task but viewers are advised to keep on voting for their favourite emcee as evictions will soon be starting.
Sponsored by LG of Somovision, the exciting NBT series is currently running on GH-One every Sunday at 6 PM. Viewers are encourages to keep their favorite emcee from being evicted when the dreaded evictions open by texting his or her name to the short code 1758 and also check out the Facebook page for more information.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means