Last Saturday Menaye Donkor Muntari, model, philanthropist, entrepreneur and wife of national star Sulley Muntari, was enstooled by the Chief and elders of Agona Asafo in the Central Region, as the ‘Nkosuohemaa’ with the stool name Nanahemaa Menaye Afumade Afrakoma l.
Menaye’s charity work and her support for education in the town has contributed immensely towards the development of the community and she is now the youngest ever personality in the history of the community to be enstooled as a Queen.
The installation was conducted by former Finance Minister, Dr Kwasi Botchway who also hails from Agona Asafo, and the festival attracted a powerful delegation from government including the Deputy Majority leader in Parliament, Hon Rashid Pelpuo and the member of Parliament for the area. Nana Kwasi Tinkorang l(Guantuahene),Nana YamfoAsuako IX(Asafohene),Nana Kwanposi ll (Krontihene), Nana Kobina Ayensu III (Tufuhene) were some of the chiefs who also attended the celebrations to mark the occasion.
In a short speech to the community, the distinguished guests, her family members and a powerful delegation from her husband’s family, Menaye pledged to do all in her power to empower the youth of the region and also help develop the community. In addition, Printex fabrics also donated some assorted items to the community in support Menaye who was recently announced as the ‘Face of Printex’.
In 2004, when Menaye Donkor Muntari won Miss Universe Ghana 2004 Beauty Pageant she decided to use her position for good and embarked on numerous charity activities to benefit the welfare of children in the central Region of Ghana. She has since taken full financial responsibility for the Menaye International School in the town, which was originally established by her parents, to provide hundreds of rural children the same quality education that is enjoyed by many urban children in Ghana but at no cost.
In addition, the Menaye Charity Organisation is solely responsible for the running costs of the school including building maintenance, the teachers, school uniforms, books, and stationary. Menaye’s charity also recently installed an IT suite and library at the school.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- The Church is MINE | Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Deletes Wife-Rev. Anita Oyakhilome From Christ Embassy Church's Website
- Another Gripe With KUMAWOOD | If You Cannot Write Better English, Do Not Bother With Subtitles
- Survey Reveals 98% of Primary Two Pupils Cannot Read or Understand English in Ghana | Can Our Educational Standards Get Any Worse?
- Photos from Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitts’ Wedding | Jolie’s Gown Featured Her Children's Colourful Artwork
- Agnostic Wanlov Da Kubolor, Father of 6 Children with 5 Different Women Says He Has Slept with Over 300 Women, Have Had Gay Seks Before & Used to Do Sakawa