Just 6 months ago I can honestly say I was depressed and heartbroken after being jilted the day before my wedding day. I was so happy and confident on that day and I had no idea that could happen to me. I had been with my now ex for almost 4 years when he proposed to me.
I was so happy and had been hoping for this day to come as I loved him so much. The two families really came together to support us and arrange the wedding. He said he did not want a long engagement and so after the proposal we set a date.
I was wondering why the hurry as I was not expecting to walk down the aisle so soon after he proposed. As he insisted a date was set for three months after, I worked like a mad woman with my bridesmaids and family to arrange our wedding.
I guess I should have seen some signs as he didn’t get so involved in the preparation but my friend said this is normal and most men do not get involved in arranging and just got on with the planning and I had help so I didn’t feel too bad.
When my ex fiancée called me the night before the wedding to say he had travelled to Manchester where his best man lives and he cannot go through with the wedding, I actually dropped to the floor with the phone still in my hand. I didn’t cry until I was alone at night though my mum insisted I come back to their house instead of staying at the hotel.
I think she was scared of what I would do as she kept checking on me. I cannot describe the heartbreak and the embarrassment of having to tell my family and bridesmaids. I refused to contact his family initially as I was too upset.
All this happened three months ago now, at the time he refused to pick my calls or speak to my people. Now last week he came to my work place and begged to speak with me. I didn’t want to speak to him because even though it’s been that many months I was still very upset.
After he pleaded I gave in as I also wanted to know why he could do that to me. He explained that he was put under pressure by his family and though he loved me he was not ready to marry me as he had just finished his masters and trying to establish his business.
He begged me to take him back and although I have told him no, I cannot help but wonder. If I discuss with friends I know they will say I’m crazy and mad but I just know he was the love of my life and could not meet a man like him again. I just need to decide what to do as the whole issue is constantly on my mind.
Three months is no where near enough time to have a clear enough mind to make such a decision. What happened was of course an emotional situation. I believe it would be pointless to just say don’t even dare as it’s clear you still love this man which is quite normal as you don’t just stop loving someone, even if they have hurt you deeply.
What I would suggest is you take your time to really think about this, after all if he really still loves you, he will wait, who knows what adventures and all sorts he has been on to make him come and realize he made a mistake, also establish if he is single or what he has been up to since you split.
I hope this helps…Let’s see advice GC readers have to offer!
Send all your relationship & Love probs to me via email@example.com, we will keep your identity anonymous.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DID SHE REALLY SAY THAT? Juliet Ibrahim Says She 'Receives More Favours Because Of Her Fair Complexion' | No Wonder Yvonne Nelson & Others Are Bleaching Their Lives Away
- If You Are Looking For A ‘Good Girl’, Stay Away From The Social Media JUNKIES
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Surely 'Girls Abr3' But Not Sandra Ankobiah
- CLOSE SHOTS: Who Would You Rather? Jackie Appiah Vrs Yvonne Nelson
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: HAIL Joselyn DUNA
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know