Not everyone is fortunate enough to get married to his/her first love. For some of us, we go through several exes before finding our right life partners. At some point, others even may think they have found the right partner, get married, and later find themselves divorced. For some of us, we run through a few hurdles before settling down with our Adam or Eve.
Some of my relationships have ended not because I had a fight or any bitter encounter with my exes. One of my relationships ended because my partner was not ready for marriage. Another ended because I traveled out of the country.
In instances like these, I tend to keep a friendship with the ex. I trust myself enough to know that it is over, and that nothing sexual can ever happen between us as friends. With that idea in mind, I have been able to maintained friendship with my exes for years, but down the line I met my current husband.
He is a great guy and loves me to death, but he doesn’t believe that I should continue to keep such relationships. I questioned his trust for me, and he insisted it wasn’t about trust. He said he trusts me, but not those involved in the relationship. I know who I am, and I know I can keep such relationships my exes without being intimate with them.
However, my husband doesn’t seem to agree with me. I don’t want to stir up any misunderstanding and arguments in my new marriage, so I have agreed to put a stop to all the friendships I currently maintain with my exes.
My question and the big debate is; is it possible for one to maintain a genuine friendship with an ex? Or do you think it is just a matter of time and something disastrous would happen when one keeps exes as friends?
Have you been able to keep exes as friends? What happened? What is your take on this?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Blogging Is The New BIG Thing, A New Way To Make REAL Money Online-Start Your Own Blog Today For FREE
- BG: It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- And The Winner Is...Miss Universe 2013 Seems Like A BIG JOKE
- HEALTH & LIFESTYLE: Is What You Are Eating, Eating You?
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Entertainment & Fashion INTERNS Wanted!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?