Few months ago, I wrote an article looking at the countless foundations being set up in Ghana by our celebrities. (CLICK HERE TO READ IT).
In the article, I made it clear that I am worried by the rate at which our Ghanaian celebrities are setting up individual ‘Foundations’ and the use of the word ‘Foundation’ for these set ups which do not in anyway resemble or operate as such.
I also mentioned that, the whole issue of celebrity foundation is not a battle of ownership where everyone has to owe a foundation, rather it is a battle of joining hands for the common good of the less privileged and needy individuals in our societies.
I considered the fact that, if the celebrities come together with their resources, they can sustain such projects for a longer time and make remarkable achievements.
I noted that, it seems they all want to own their own ‘foundations’ and as such are not ready to pull their strength together.
After the launch of Yvonne Nelson’s glaucoma project, many celebrities have followed it up with their own version of ‘foundations’. I asked; what stops these celebrities from helping out with the already established foundations, instead going out there to set up new ones?
Would these foundations last? NO…
Yvonne Nelson’s Glaucoma foundation is sinking fast and the others will follow for the same financial reasons…
Yvonne was on PeaceFm few minutes ago and she explained that, her Glaucoma Foundation is a bit on the low because of financial setbacks…
Though I will let her off the hook for not having thoroughly considered her financial strength before proceeding to set up a ‘Foundation’, I think her colleagues could have saved her initiative by buying into her concept. Rather, they all are setting up their own gimmick foundations.
I hope those who want to help society will forget about ownership and team up with their resources to make a sustainable impact…
Quantity is not the way forward for foundations, what matters is the impact…
Listen To Yvonne Nelson Talking About The State Of Her Glaucoma Foundation Below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
- The Much Talked About Movie-CHEATERS Starring Jackie Appiah, Adjetey Anang & Others Premieres Tomorrow-24 May!
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: The Moment Captain Planet Of 4x4 Fame & Fred Nuamah Met Top British Actor-Clive Owen
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?