Few months ago, I wrote an article looking at the countless foundations being set up in Ghana by our celebrities. (CLICK HERE TO READ IT).
In the article, I made it clear that I am worried by the rate at which our Ghanaian celebrities are setting up individual ‘Foundations’ and the use of the word ‘Foundation’ for these set ups which do not in anyway resemble or operate as such.
I also mentioned that, the whole issue of celebrity foundation is not a battle of ownership where everyone has to owe a foundation, rather it is a battle of joining hands for the common good of the less privileged and needy individuals in our societies.
I considered the fact that, if the celebrities come together with their resources, they can sustain such projects for a longer time and make remarkable achievements.
I noted that, it seems they all want to own their own ‘foundations’ and as such are not ready to pull their strength together.
After the launch of Yvonne Nelson’s glaucoma project, many celebrities have followed it up with their own version of ‘foundations’. I asked; what stops these celebrities from helping out with the already established foundations, instead going out there to set up new ones?
Would these foundations last? NO…
Yvonne Nelson’s Glaucoma foundation is sinking fast and the others will follow for the same financial reasons…
Yvonne was on PeaceFm few minutes ago and she explained that, her Glaucoma Foundation is a bit on the low because of financial setbacks…
Though I will let her off the hook for not having thoroughly considered her financial strength before proceeding to set up a ‘Foundation’, I think her colleagues could have saved her initiative by buying into her concept. Rather, they all are setting up their own gimmick foundations.
I hope those who want to help society will forget about ownership and team up with their resources to make a sustainable impact…
Quantity is not the way forward for foundations, what matters is the impact…
Listen To Yvonne Nelson Talking About The State Of Her Glaucoma Foundation Below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- What Your Favourite Celebrities Pride Themselves With Most | Bum for Christabel Ekeh, Legs for Yvonne Nelson, Face for Jackie Appiah, Hips for Joselyn Dumas + More
- Wanlov Da Kubolor Says Ghanaian Ministers Go to Amsterdam to Smoke Weed + We Are A Primitive Society…
- It’s Happening Tonight in Accra | The Premiere of ‘WHEN LOVE COMES AROUND’ Featuring Zynnell Zuh, Jim Iyke, Eku Edewor, Mikki Osei, Edward Kuffuor & Others
- Afia Schwarzenegger Says She REGRETS Insulting Bishop Obinim | Of Course She Does Now that She Has Also Been EXPOSED
- PHOTOS: Has Yvonne Nelson Changed Her CREAM?