Every woman wants to look attractive and dress in trendy apparel. Plus sized women are no exception to the rule. However, in their bid to follow the trends, many plus sized women do what I like to call a faux pas. As plus-sized women, here are a few do’s and don’ts that can save you from disapproving stares and snarls when you walk down the street.
- DO look for clothing that’s tailored to fit
Shapeless clothes do a curvy body no good. When you pick up a shapeless garment that hangs onto your body it adds about ten to thirty pounds to your appearance (and we don’t want that!). Instead, you can go for empire waists or clothing that cinches at the smallest part of your waist or under your bust and, highlights your body’s best features.
- DO dress to highlight your best attributes
Many plus sized ladies like to hide under baggy trousers and big t-shirts to hide their shapes but, it is important to play up your best body features. This way you can take attention away from your flaws. For instance, a great bust would go with a blouse that shows a little cleavage. Great arms could work sleeveless dresses etc.
- DO visit stores that meet your clothing needs
Visit shops that carry clothes to meet the needs of voluptuous darlings like you. The people in these shops understand your body and usually save you the time it takes to guess what size of clothing would fit your body.
- DO alter clothes when it’s necessary
You love the blouse or skirt but it’s too big. Just send it to your seamstress and after a few alterations you’d look like a goddess instead of an unattractive lady.
- DON’T wear clothes that cling to your body.
The worst thing that can happen to a plus sized lady is when everyone can see every bump, lump and love handle on her body. Please stay away from outfits that hug your body as they are extremely unflattering. However, if you really have to go for such clothes then make sure you have a body shaper on.
- DON’T highlight the negative parts of your body.
If you have a very wide waist, try to steer clear of a belt over a shirt or sweater. It causes the eye to focus on the largest part of your body. If you have very big breasts don’t go for too tight or too baggy tops and stay away from high neck tops. They do more harm than good.
So there you have it, you can be one heck of a sexy plus size diva if you follow these tips.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- *UPDATED* CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?