It seems that if you want to be in the music industry these days, all you need is to get into the studio, make some crappy music and have the sound engineer use auto-tune to make it sound bearable to the audience.
Yesterday I was watching television and this gospel musician was feeling so damn good as she “sang” her auto-tuned track. It was unbelievably awful to the extent that I switched the television off.
Why do we have to use this technology anyway? In the past, when there weren’t any computers to generate beats or use auto-tune, weren’t Ghanaians making music? We have a wide range of instruments; xylophones, acoustic guitars, gongs, drums, etc. Thank God music talent shows these days use live band music. At least they know the importance of natural/raw talent.
If an artiste is good, that artiste would not need to use auto-tune in his/her music. It is as simple as that. I’ve heard very good tracks made with it but most tracks that use it are just unpleasant and shouldn’t even be released.
I mean there are so many artistes out there like Nana Yaa, Efya, Irene Logan, Kwabena Kwabena, Kojo Antwi etc. who belt out classic tunes without these equipment and we love them for it…
If talentless artistes are struggling and have to depend on this auto tune to sell music, that shows they should find a different job. When it comes to music, creativity is the key, not fine tuning…
Let’s kill the strong emergence of auto-tune in Ghana music before it becomes unbearable. Next time you pick up an auto-tune, just switch stations or put your set off…This is what I do.
Anyway, what do you think about the use of auto tune? Share your thoughts with us.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Pics of the Week: Jackie Appiah, Ama K Abebrese, Bola Ray, Kwaw Kese, John Dumelo, D-Black, Sandra Ankobiah & Others
- PHOTO: Miss Bum Bum Lydia Forson Puts It in Your FACE
- SHOTS FIRED: Deputy Creative Arts Minister Honourable Dzifa Gomashie Will Be Sacked From Her Ministry And She Would Have To Go Back To Selling Of BANKU – Her NDC Government Has Failed
- Is Ghana Police So BLIND And INEPT That They Can’t Crap The Whip On PUBLIC N*DITY By Applying Provisions in The CRIMINAL CODES? Deborah Vanessa And UCC Naa Korkor’s Heads Must Go | I Reported the Two Cases to the Police & Got Shocking Response
- KKD Allegedly ‘Disowned’ His Son for Quite A Long Time for Allegedly Being GAY | The Moral Landscape…