Barely two months after parting ways with May D, Square Records and Northside Entertainment is said to be closing in on a young Ghanaian Afro-Pop singer, Predy X, known in real life as Samuel Omane-Mensah.
Square Records, who parted ways with May D over “irreconcilable differences”, is keen on getting the highly-rated Ghanaian youngster into its fold.
According to sources close to CEO of Square Records and Northside Entertainment, Jude ‘Engees’ Okoye, the deal was expected to be concluded in the “coming days”.
Bayo Adetu, publicist for Square Records, which features the talented music duo P-Square, is reported to have told a Nigerian magazine, Entertainment Today that their pursuit of Predy X was due to his versatile music talent.
Asked how they discovered Predy X, the Square label publicist is reported to have said that “a top producer” mentioned him in a discussion; therefore the management of the label assessed him and decided to give him a chance.
Samuel Omane-Mensah aka Predy X, who is signed on to X Entertainment, is expected to move his base to Nigeria to agree to terms of Square Records, with the latter keen on avoiding the same mistake that led to its separation with May D.
Currently, Predy X’s ‘Dance With My Baby’ is enjoying massive play in pubs and nightclubs in Nigeria and Ghana.
The 25-year-old musician, a graduate of Ghana Institute of Journalism, is optimistic that the deal will materialize as soon as possible.
In an interview with Nigeria Entertainment Today, Predy X disclosed that his hard work was finally paying off.
According to him, “I am sure what might have endeared me to Square Records is my knack for performing with live bands rather than miming.”
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!