A friend of mine just met this hunk of a guy (I am drooling just saying it), what? Can’t I admire the handwork of God or a friend’s boyfriend? Seriously, he is such a hunk but enough about that, now back to the topic.
She just met this guy a couple of months ago and already she’s saying this man is the true love of her life. Now, I cannot tell if this is entirely true because I don’t believe in the concept or the practicalities of true love or soul mates or even anything of that sort. Why do I say this?
Well, honestly speaking I think the true love story makes a great sale and all. Books, Hollywood, even religion has preached this sexy story for far too long. It sounds so great but in my short life I have witnessed so many people fall in love numerous times (you catch my drift).
I’ve seen people who have married, divorced their “soul mates”, and later on found love (maybe true or unreal love) with someone else. I have seen people fall in love with multiple people at once. I have seen people fall in and out of love with the same person over and over again. Is this true love?
I just think that love is too complex for a simple thing like one true love. Love has to do with the mind and how it works. For example, think how complex the process is for the mind to decide if you like the taste of a certain food. Pretty complex, huh?.
Imagine how complex the mind is when determining if you like a certain person…right. Now, let me paint this scenario for you maybe I might get some of you out there to agree with me on this one.
What happens when you date someone when you’re like 20ish and think you’ve found “the one” only to be dumped and go around for a decade or two afterwards waiting to find someone or “ the one”, “the true love of your life” who makes you feel just as good as you did in that first intense relationship you had and lost?
That’s a really depressing way to go through life. The entire soul mate philosophy might sound really nice to someone who is young and hopeful about finding someone, but if you keep that philosophy throughout your life, life may become more depressing for you.
I believe that we connect with a person or many people on a deep soul level that also means we have many soul mates. But I don’t think that there is any such thing as true love, the one or a single soul mate.
Do you believe that there is one person out there that is perfect for you? Do you believe in soul mates, or do you believe that two people can be destined for each other?
Where do you stand when it comes to this?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
- RED CARPET FAB: Photos + I Was Given The All Important Red Carpet Attention Alongside Fred Nuamah At 2013 Cannes Film Festival…
- Introducing Edith Faalong As Naana In 'Living With Trisha'
- PHOTOS: Captain Planet Of 4x4 At Cannes, The Party Has Just Started!
- Lydia Forson Says She Is Building A Brand, Sort Of Halle Berry’s Type & That Is Part Of Why She's Not Seen In Most Ghanaian Movies
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?