A friend of mine just met this hunk of a guy (I am drooling just saying it), what? Can’t I admire the handwork of God or a friend’s boyfriend? Seriously, he is such a hunk but enough about that, now back to the topic.
She just met this guy a couple of months ago and already she’s saying this man is the true love of her life. Now, I cannot tell if this is entirely true because I don’t believe in the concept or the practicalities of true love or soul mates or even anything of that sort. Why do I say this?
Well, honestly speaking I think the true love story makes a great sale and all. Books, Hollywood, even religion has preached this sexy story for far too long. It sounds so great but in my short life I have witnessed so many people fall in love numerous times (you catch my drift).
I’ve seen people who have married, divorced their “soul mates”, and later on found love (maybe true or unreal love) with someone else. I have seen people fall in love with multiple people at once. I have seen people fall in and out of love with the same person over and over again. Is this true love?
I just think that love is too complex for a simple thing like one true love. Love has to do with the mind and how it works. For example, think how complex the process is for the mind to decide if you like the taste of a certain food. Pretty complex, huh?.
Imagine how complex the mind is when determining if you like a certain person…right. Now, let me paint this scenario for you maybe I might get some of you out there to agree with me on this one.
What happens when you date someone when you’re like 20ish and think you’ve found “the one” only to be dumped and go around for a decade or two afterwards waiting to find someone or “ the one”, “the true love of your life” who makes you feel just as good as you did in that first intense relationship you had and lost?
That’s a really depressing way to go through life. The entire soul mate philosophy might sound really nice to someone who is young and hopeful about finding someone, but if you keep that philosophy throughout your life, life may become more depressing for you.
I believe that we connect with a person or many people on a deep soul level that also means we have many soul mates. But I don’t think that there is any such thing as true love, the one or a single soul mate.
Do you believe that there is one person out there that is perfect for you? Do you believe in soul mates, or do you believe that two people can be destined for each other?
Where do you stand when it comes to this?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- John Dumelo Says He Gets LONELY & The Only Thing Missing Is A MRS
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
- PHOTO FROM The Launch Of Ghana Movie Awards 2013 + Why Must The Proceeds Of The Event Go To ‘Kwabena Kwabena’s Save A Heart Campaign & Not The Struggling Industry?
- New Music: 'All Star Tribute to Ronnie Coaches' By Captain Planet, Castro, Screw Face, Dr. Poh, Pope Skinny, Nkasei & Others
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
- New Music: ‘All The Way’ By R. Kelly Feat. Kelly Rowland
- PHOTOS: Lady Gaga Meets Another Gaga At Tokyo Press Conference
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening