Last week, I watched one of my favorite movies of all time, “ The Best man” for the one thousand and one times with a couple of my male friends.
I remember vividly this particular scene where the four friends, Lance( Morris Chestnut) , Murch ( Harold Perrineau) , Quentin ( Terrence Howard, my favorite character in the movie) and Harper ( Taye Diggs ,the best man) suddenly started a discourse on marriage.
I thought the discussion was rather profound and edifying. I hadn’t seen guys get personal and real like that in a while. (Funny you won’t get Ghanaian guys engaged in such a discussion, they will rather engage in football talk than“useless” talk like this. It is not one of their favorite things to discuss really).
One line in the discourse which caught my attention was the “Marriage is a cure to promiscuity” phrase uttered by Lance. And so I asked myself “Is marriage a cure to promiscuity?” but I guess that wasn’t enough because I wanted to hear the candid opinions of my male friends with me, at least that way I could get a general overview of what African men thought about this assertion.
One of my male friends, a well-known playboy in “the game” held overtly and strongly that marriage was going to curb him from his promiscuous life. But oh, I forgot that was a play boy’s point of view. So when I realized I had just made a mistake, I proceeded to ask the others and I couldn’t believe that they said the same.
PROMISCUITY has rapidly gained roots in our society. It has become a way of having fun especially among men.
According to most men I know, it is a way of ‘testing water and surfing grounds’. The African man sees promiscuity as tasting different kinds of soup and knowing which one appeals most to his stomach.
Some say it is the changing of shirts to find the most suitable one. Many men out there believe that at the time they say their vows, they are automatically curbed of promiscuity. Is marriage really a cure for promiscuity as many African and African American men believe?
Seriously, is that really possible when we all know that promiscuity is a habit? Do you believe a man who takes pride in sleeping with women will suddenly stop after he has married?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ahead Of 2013 Ghana Movie Awards, Your Favourite Movie Stars Pose With The GMA’s Expensive Statuette
- Wife of Footballer-Samuel Inkoom Shares Intimate Photos On Instagram | Some Say It Is An Attempt To Let The Girls Chasing Her Husband Know-He LOVES Her
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: READ President Obama's Touching Speech
- FOKN Bois Returns With Coz Ov Moni Part 2 | Watch The Trailer Below + The Whole Of Part 1
- PHOTOS From The 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCAs) Nominations Ceremony | Feat. Yvonne Okoro, Majid Michel, Sandra Ankobiah, Joselyn Dumas, Karen Igho & Others…
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know