Have you ever wondered why the roads are choked in Accra and yet when it comes to London, there is a bit of space to drive around?
I have seen photos of big international celebrities like Rihanna, Jenifer Lopez, Jay-Z and others proudly taking the trains and buses in USA and UK.
You can see it as a publicity stunt but my point is, no matter the intention, they have made the effort and have shown people that, there is nothing wrong with riding on public transport…
I have met several Ghanaian Celebrities who do not live in UK (visiting) and therefore do not have UK drivers’ licences or cars so cannot drive.
Despite how quick the trains and buses get you to places in London, they’ve blatantly said, No, I am a celebrity and cannot take the public transport…REALLY?
Believe it or not, it has been said to me several times…LOL
Meanwhile, even the UK Prime Minister, Mayor of London and several major UK celebrities are regular riders of the reliable London trains and buses…
Do not get me wrong, I have a car out here but I only use it when absolutely necessary. Why would I drive for 2 hours to a place when a train will take me less than 30 minutes to get there?
Multi-millionaire rap icon Jay-Z over the weekend was spotted in NYC with a Metro card, riding the subway to Brooklyn with the common folk-moments before his big concert at the Barclays Center. Jay-Z found a seat next to a non-raving non-homeless person. How sweet!
Probably, our celebrities are learning from the wrong crowd of celebrities…Fans love down to earth celebrities.
I am not saying they should jump on every bus or train but when necessary, get on it like everybody, especially when you are out of your country where people will hardly even notice you as the star you think you are…
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THOSE IN GHANA: ‘When Love Happens’ Starring Desmond Elliot, OC Ukeje, Gideon Okeke, Beverely Naya & Others Starts Showing Tonight at the SilverBird Cinemas in Accra
- What Happened? Did Sandra Ankobiah Run Out of CASH?
- It’s Happening Tonight | Shirley Frimpong Manso Premieres Her Movie-'LOVE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT' in London…GET YOUR TICKETS NOW
- Bishop Obinim Tells Former President Rawlings to Mind His Own Business Or Jesus Would Deal With Him
- Music Matters: Reviewing ‘Bankulize’, Stefanie Larmie’s ‘Walking On My Own’ and ‘Carry Go’ By Brenda