John Dumelo has advised his colleagues to think of branching into other businesses, since there are uncertainties in the Ghana Movie Industry.
The actor made this call to his fellow on-screen colleagues when he opened a J.melo hair outlet in Accra Mall for the Ghanaian community last Sunday.
“As an entrepreneur and a very good business man, I just encourage all my other celebrities to branch into other business because our industry has ups and downs.” He told GhanaCelebrities.Com.
As one of the sough after actors on the African continent, John is definitely one of the top earners in the industry presently.
He has also signed a 2 year deal with Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company (IPMC), Ghana’s top IT Company as one of their faces.
His John Dumelo Foundation is in active operation – he recently presented a cheque to the Student Financial Aid Office of the University of Ghana to give scholarship to a Medical and Theatre Art students.
In the Western world, most celebrities have moved into other areas of business and are doing pretty well. John admonished his colleagues to emulate the foreign celebrities and also move into various businesses.
“We have to emulate our friends in America; you talk of Jay Z, you talk of Diddy and talk of the other stars who have branched into business.”
“I think I just have to advise my Ghanaian celebrities to do the same and move into business because they will not be on top forever.” He concluded.
Several of his colleagues were present to give morale support -Miss Malaika 2010 Ama Nettey, CEO of Ghana Movie Awards, Fred Nuamah, radio broadcaster, KOD, actress Yvonne Nelson, Sandra Ankobiah, host of Fashion101, actor Majid Michel, Yvonne Okoro and Jayso were out there.
The otherwise quiet opening turned into mini rally as fans who got hint that the celebrities were around hijacked the entrance and invaded the shop to take pictures of the celebrities.
John was mobbed by the fans, without any option he had to succumb to their plea to take pictures and sign autographs.
The next shop to be opened would be in Nigeria, then Europe, America and other parts on the African continent.
The J.melo hair can be obtained at Hair Depot, a shop that deals in various human hair, unisex products and hair accessories and located inside the Accra Mall.
L’oreal, the producers of Dark and Lovely sponsored the event.
Check out the photos below…Would you be buying?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?