John Dumelo has advised his colleagues to think of branching into other businesses, since there are uncertainties in the Ghana Movie Industry.
The actor made this call to his fellow on-screen colleagues when he opened a J.melo hair outlet in Accra Mall for the Ghanaian community last Sunday.
“As an entrepreneur and a very good business man, I just encourage all my other celebrities to branch into other business because our industry has ups and downs.” He told GhanaCelebrities.Com.
As one of the sough after actors on the African continent, John is definitely one of the top earners in the industry presently.
He has also signed a 2 year deal with Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company (IPMC), Ghana’s top IT Company as one of their faces.
His John Dumelo Foundation is in active operation – he recently presented a cheque to the Student Financial Aid Office of the University of Ghana to give scholarship to a Medical and Theatre Art students.
In the Western world, most celebrities have moved into other areas of business and are doing pretty well. John admonished his colleagues to emulate the foreign celebrities and also move into various businesses.
“We have to emulate our friends in America; you talk of Jay Z, you talk of Diddy and talk of the other stars who have branched into business.”
“I think I just have to advise my Ghanaian celebrities to do the same and move into business because they will not be on top forever.” He concluded.
Several of his colleagues were present to give morale support -Miss Malaika 2010 Ama Nettey, CEO of Ghana Movie Awards, Fred Nuamah, radio broadcaster, KOD, actress Yvonne Nelson, Sandra Ankobiah, host of Fashion101, actor Majid Michel, Yvonne Okoro and Jayso were out there.
The otherwise quiet opening turned into mini rally as fans who got hint that the celebrities were around hijacked the entrance and invaded the shop to take pictures of the celebrities.
John was mobbed by the fans, without any option he had to succumb to their plea to take pictures and sign autographs.
The next shop to be opened would be in Nigeria, then Europe, America and other parts on the African continent.
The J.melo hair can be obtained at Hair Depot, a shop that deals in various human hair, unisex products and hair accessories and located inside the Accra Mall.
L’oreal, the producers of Dark and Lovely sponsored the event.
Check out the photos below…Would you be buying?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know