I know some of you are curious to know what douching is and some would rather we don’t discuss it at all but I will.
Douching is a woman thing (I can actually see the expressionless faces of GC male readers right now). So let me do readers some justice by elucidating on this.
It is a common ritual amongst minority groups like Africans, African Americans and Latinos. It is the practice of cleaning the vagina with some type of solution, be it plain water, a homemade mixture such as water and vinegar, or a product bought in a store, huh-uh! But regardless of the liquid used, does douching ever make sense?
At this point, I know some of you readers might be thinking, “Oh but this is an age long ritual practiced by our mothers and our mother’s mothers. It didn’t kill or harm them, why would it harm us?” Well, that is where many are wrong.
According to professional groups, including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the Office on Women’s Health, douching can be detrimental to a woman’s well-being. Well, if you don’t believe me.
Below is a compilation of reasons why health professionals discourage this age long practice by women folk.
The Top 5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Douche
1) Douching can make odor and discharge worse. Ironic, since these are the most common reasons women douche in the first place. If you have an infection, douching promotes even more bacterial growth, so you wind up feeling worse than when you started.
2) Douching can’t prevent STDs. It doesn’t clean out the harmful bacteria, just washes away the good ones, which actually increases your risk of infection.
3) Douching may cause pelvic inflammatory disease. It pushes the bacteria into your uterus, where they can travel to your tubes and wreck great havoc. Women who douche have over a 70% greater risk of PID compared with women who don’t.
4) Douching is not effective birth control. In fact, it just let more sperm surf their way into your cervix. But, I don’t have to tell YOU that, right?
5) Douching may cause ectopic pregnancy. And while the sperm are surfing north, they’ve got a straight shot for your tubes, giving you a 75% higher chance of having a pregnancy land there.
So please, don’t get swayed by product-pushers who imply that you need their chemicals up your vajay jay to be healthy.
Guys you can also do your part by telling your girlfriends, sisters and mothers to stay off douching products.
Just remember that the vagina is a self-cleaning organ, when left alone to do her thing.
Some douche materials you should avoid….
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Pics of the Week: Sandra Ankobiah, Yvonne Nelson, John Dumelo, Martha Ankomah, Nana Ama McBrown & Others
- Bishop David Oyedepo Reportedly Vows To Open ‘The Gates Of Hell’ On The Opponents Of President Jonathan
- Video: The Day Twi Made It into Hollywood…We Mean Into ‘Sleepy Hollow’
- Ama K Abebrese: Good Genes or Good Doctor?
- Asiedu Nketia…Cut the BS | Appearance Speaks A Lot About A Person