For some time now, this question has been running through my disturbed mind. Well, plenty of things boggle my mind especially those that have to do with male/female inter-relations.
A male friend of mine dated this lady a few years ago and as a couple they were fairly atrocious.
However, despite their problems as a couple, they had no problems in the bedroom department; this led to them deciding to maintain the sexual side of their relationship, as it was the only element that seemed to work properly – apparently good stuff like that in the bedroom is hard to find and they weren’t willing to throw it away!
They managed to keep up their “friends-with-benefits” routine for quite a while and it seemed to have been working for them, that is, until he (my poor friend) fell for her more than even before.
This breaks all the conventional rules and stereotyped ideas, and shows you that men can actually be just as bad as women when it comes to making emotional attachments.
Needless to say the good sex ceased to exist after that development: she wasn’t prepared to offer him more than the usual banging. At the same time my friend was very aware of how unfair it was on him to be so close to someone he had feelings for knowing that nothing could ever develop from it.
The big question is, does friend or friends with benefits ever work?
Of course it works sometimes! There are a few urban relationship myths knocking around that will tell you this is a wonderful idea and that it could lead to the best ‘banging’ of your life, and I can’t dispute those myths. But does it last for long as both partners would want?
Friends with benefits can be a messy business, is it worth it?
I’m not sure I can answer that, all I know is that it’s probably not something I would try for fear of that uncomfortable eye contact across with the friend whose heart I accidentally break. Or for fear that I may fall in love when the other party just wants to keep having the benefits and nothing more….
So what is your take on this, do you think that friends with benefits ever work? Have you ever considered or entered in such an arrangement before? Have you been asked for that before? What is your experience?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Lydia Forson
- The Scamming Continues: Miss Universe 2012-Gifty Ofori Stripped Of Her Title After She Exposed Organizers For Not Giving Her The Various Promised Prizes
- PHOTOS From Launch Of ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ Feat. Wizkid, Bola Ray, Edem, Okyeame Kwame, EL, John Dumelo, Juliet Ibrahim & Others
- Celebrity & Law: African Celebrities Who Work Without Permits In USA, UK & Other Countries Face Arrest, Imprisonment & Deportation
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?