For some time now, this question has been running through my disturbed mind. Well, plenty of things boggle my mind especially those that have to do with male/female inter-relations.
A male friend of mine dated this lady a few years ago and as a couple they were fairly atrocious.
However, despite their problems as a couple, they had no problems in the bedroom department; this led to them deciding to maintain the sexual side of their relationship, as it was the only element that seemed to work properly – apparently good stuff like that in the bedroom is hard to find and they weren’t willing to throw it away!
They managed to keep up their “friends-with-benefits” routine for quite a while and it seemed to have been working for them, that is, until he (my poor friend) fell for her more than even before.
This breaks all the conventional rules and stereotyped ideas, and shows you that men can actually be just as bad as women when it comes to making emotional attachments.
Needless to say the good sex ceased to exist after that development: she wasn’t prepared to offer him more than the usual banging. At the same time my friend was very aware of how unfair it was on him to be so close to someone he had feelings for knowing that nothing could ever develop from it.
The big question is, does friend or friends with benefits ever work?
Of course it works sometimes! There are a few urban relationship myths knocking around that will tell you this is a wonderful idea and that it could lead to the best ‘banging’ of your life, and I can’t dispute those myths. But does it last for long as both partners would want?
Friends with benefits can be a messy business, is it worth it?
I’m not sure I can answer that, all I know is that it’s probably not something I would try for fear of that uncomfortable eye contact across with the friend whose heart I accidentally break. Or for fear that I may fall in love when the other party just wants to keep having the benefits and nothing more….
So what is your take on this, do you think that friends with benefits ever work? Have you ever considered or entered in such an arrangement before? Have you been asked for that before? What is your experience?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
- PHOTO FROM The Launch Of Ghana Movie Awards 2013 + Why Must The Proceeds Of The Event Go To ‘Kwabena Kwabena’s Save A Heart Campaign & Not The Struggling Industry?
- New Music: 'All Star Tribute to Ronnie Coaches' By Captain Planet, Castro, Screw Face, Dr. Poh, Pope Skinny, Nkasei & Others
- ‘Naughty By Nature’ Arrives In Ghana On Thursday-December 5 For The MEGA ‘Back In The Day’ Concert
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
- New Music: ‘All The Way’ By R. Kelly Feat. Kelly Rowland
- PHOTOS: Lady Gaga Meets Another Gaga At Tokyo Press Conference
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening