Four Foundations instituted by Ghanaian celebrities have been nominated for a Humanitarian Award at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) for 2012.
The nominated Foundations are; The McBrown Family Foundation by actress Nana Ama Mcbrown, the John Dumelo Foundation by actor John Dumelo, actress Juliet Ibrahim’s Kidney Cancer Foundation and the Van Vicker’ Foundation.
All the Foundations are in active operation now.
THE MCBROWN FOUNDATION
The McBrown Family Foundation has been involved in vigorous humanitarian projects since it was instituted some years ago. The Foundation headed by the late Papa Kofi McBrown currently caters for about 6 children from the Kumasi Children’s Home.
They recently donated wheelchairs to physically challenge persons with the help from Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) Ghana. The Foundation is known to have visited and donated various items to Orphanage Homes and the Akropong School of the Blind.
THE JOHN DUMELO FOUNDATION
The John Dumelo Foundation which is supported with funds from his J.Melo hair and clothing line recently donated an unspecified amount of money to the Student Financial Aid Office of the University of Ghana for scholarship to two students; a Medical and Theatre Art.
The Foundation is currently building schools for students in the Northern Region of Ghana. John is hoping to open his J.Melo shop in East Legon, so as to get more funds to push the Foundation in supporting needy but brilliant students in Ghana.
JULIET IBRAHIM’S KIDNEY CANCER FOUNDATION
The Juliet Ibrahim Kidney Cancer Foundation is the busiest and popular of all the foundations. The actress kick-started the Foundation by organising charity ALL FEMALE celebrity soccer match at the EL-Wak Sports Stadium in Accra.
It was aimed at raising funds to support kidney affected patients. In a spirit of giving, she brought virtually all the Ghanaian female celebrities on one venue to support charity.
The Foundation recently donated some funds to a 14year old boy who was undergoing a kidney surgery.
VAN VICKER’ FOUNDATION
The quietest of all the Foundations would be the Van Vicker Foundation. Having been in existence for some years now, the Foundation has been involved in donations to schools to cater for the needs of students.
The Foundation recently gave out school supplies to the children of Brooklyn Family Homeless Shelter. The foundation is founded on principles such as; living situations should not stop any child from learning.
Other nominees from Nigeria are; Omotola Jalade – Omotola Youth Empowerment (OYEP) Foundation and Monalisa Chinda – Monalisa Chinda Sunshine Foundation.
The GIAMA is an annual award Jamboree designed to celebrate the very best in Africa’s rich culture of entertainment through filmography, which will serve as a vehicle of continent rejuvenation in a proudly African expression.
GIAMA 2012 is scheduled for October 20, 2012 at the HBU -Morris Cultural Arts Center: Dunham Theater, 7502 Fondren Road, Houston, Texas
GIAMA aims is to be solely focused on rewarding excellent movies produced in Africa, or by Africans in the Diaspora. In addition, highly creative musical performances, exhibitions, display of top African brands will be side attractions during the event
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?