Have you ever been in a relationship where your man has demanded that you gain weight because he likes big women? Some men can actually threaten to leave a marriage or a relationship if the women do not adhere to their request.
Sadly, this happens in more relationships than we know or hear about. It has been a personal experience and it also happened to my siblings. I have two siblings who experienced this during their marriages. In both instances, the men met them when they were slim and beautiful, but after years of marriage, they demanded that my sisters gain weight or they would leave!
Sadly, I watched my sisters turn their lives around by gaining weight to please these men in order to hold on to their marriages. Years after my sisters had gained all that weight and were unable to lose them, the men walked out of the marriages due to reasons known to them.
I hate to say this, but I feel my sisters reacted stupidly for gaining weight only to please a man. I will not change my lifestyle to please any man. Remember that men approach you because of something they see and admire about you. It could be the way you dressed, look, dance, etc. And so if down the line, these same men suggest that you change something about you for them, you shouldn’t accept that.
I was also once in a relationship and experienced this. I have always been a big girl growing up. My weight increased during my childbearing years. In fact, I exploded in weight after three children and over 14 years of marriage. I saw that my husband enjoyed my status. As my kids grew, I decided to make some lifestyle changes by working on my weight. I began to exercise and eat less, and in three years I had lost significant amount of weight.
My ex-husband hated it! He saw the confidence that I began to exhibit and he wasn’t pleased with that at all. He began to question my reasons for exercising and losing weight. I told him it was for my health and sanity, and that didn’t sit well with him. He asked that I stopped losing weight while he ran every day. “No way,” I said to myself. I am not going to stop losing weight. In fact I even worked harder at losing weight, and he hated me for it.
If a man is going to leave me, I would rather want him to leave when I am sexy, so that other men will find me attractive.
I am not going to let any man leave me when I am at my worst. Men are insecure, and they will try to ensure that you feel insecure too if you let them.
If you ever decide to gain or lose weight, change your dress code, or do anything in your life, do it for yourself. Don’t let any man tell you to do anything for them.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Lydia Forson
- The Scamming Continues: Miss Universe 2012-Gifty Ofori Stripped Of Her Title After She Exposed Organizers For Not Giving Her The Various Promised Prizes
- PHOTOS From Launch Of ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ Feat. Wizkid, Bola Ray, Edem, Okyeame Kwame, EL, John Dumelo, Juliet Ibrahim & Others
- Celebrity & Law: African Celebrities Who Work Without Permits In USA, UK & Other Countries Face Arrest, Imprisonment & Deportation
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?