What does Akua Ataa (Kyeiwaa), Mercy Asiedu andPatience Ozonkwo’s Mama Gee character have in common? You got that right, the “refuse to grow” syndrome also known as the Peta Pan syndrome.
Did you know that years ago this used to be a man thing?. These days this has become prevalent among our women.
I was with a friend on her forty first birthday last week and we started talking about what she wanted out of her life at her age.
Generally this is what I think of my friend; she is very indicative of her generation-youthful looking, stays in shape, has her career in hand and loves to club and party. Apart from being surprised by her stamina I was wondering why she indulges like a 20 year youngster-This includes alcohol and some occasional recreational drugs.
So I did a little research on my own and found out that my friend was suffering from this syndrome. My friend has been divorced twice and goes after non-committal men half her age who have nothing but living off older women.
So I ask her why she chooses to live her life like a young adult-Peter Pan. And this is what girlfriend said “ Age is just a number and you only feel old if you want to. It is a psychologically thing, Hun”.
The allure was obvious to me. At that point, I still couldn’t see what the fun was in trying too hard (way too hard) to be like her teenage daughters.
What I did understand is that my girlfriend was afraid to stop the fun roller coaster least she became old in the process and that is what I think many women of her age suffer from.
So the next time you see another woman in the club or wearing a skimpy dress and you think she is not acting her age, know that she is suffering from the Peta Pan Syndrome.
I know some of you think this syndrome is not cool and would rather want older people act their age.
But the question is, can they help it? Maybe we should be directing this to a psychologist.
What is your take on Peta Pan women? Do they get on your nerves? Do you know any Peta Pan?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- The Much Talked About Movie-CHEATERS Starring Jackie Appiah, Adjetey Anang & Others Premieres Tomorrow-24 May!
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: The Moment Captain Planet Of 4x4 Fame & Fred Nuamah Met Top British Actor-Clive Owen
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- *UPDATED* CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?