Anger is a strong feeling of annoyance, hostility or displeasure towards a person(s), a thing or even a situation. Though anger can be used as a healthy response to a threat and for other constructive purposes, on many occasions, it does get the better side of us-putting us into undesirable situations or troubles.
Getting angry is normal (it is human). However, overcoming or controlling anger is what most of us lack and that is where the problem is…Being anger free is a desirable option and this entails being able to control when and for how long you get angry.
I am sure you have heard the old story of a conversation that took place between a peaceful Master and a disciple.
After having been with his master for years and having noticed how his Master deals with situations and people, the disciple asked the master “how do you keep calm and anger free even when grossly provoked and pushed”.
The peaceful Master looked at the disciple and said “When you are hungry, eat; when you are tired, sleep.”
What? …The disciple who was unpleased with the answer said “isn’t that what everyone does anyway?”
The Master replied “No…Most people entertain a thousand desires when they eat and scheme over a thousand plans when they sleep. Their mind is dispersed, it’s all over”.
The above shows that, to be at peace with others, you must be at peace with yourself first. You must be able to control your mind and calm it to focus when needed.
When anger sets in, we act without thinking, we insult and we shout without being mindful. Such practices tell us that, in times of anger, we lose who we are, we lose control of our minds and let the anger take over our rational existence. Have you ever recorded yourself when angry to hear how you sound? You will be disgusted with the play back. And you won’t believe that was you!
For us to overcome anger or be anger free, we must be able to restrict our minds to concentrate and be mindful.
Being mindful is a strong antidote to anger. When you are mindful, you would be able to give yourself a quick pause and reflect on your soon to take action (controlling inner energy), even in times of despair…CONTINUE READING FROM HERE
By: Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri/www.TopVincent.Com
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?