Anger is a strong feeling of annoyance, hostility or displeasure towards a person(s), a thing or even a situation. Though anger can be used as a healthy response to a threat and for other constructive purposes, on many occasions, it does get the better side of us-putting us into undesirable situations or troubles.
Getting angry is normal (it is human). However, overcoming or controlling anger is what most of us lack and that is where the problem is…Being anger free is a desirable option and this entails being able to control when and for how long you get angry.
I am sure you have heard the old story of a conversation that took place between a peaceful Master and a disciple.
After having been with his master for years and having noticed how his Master deals with situations and people, the disciple asked the master “how do you keep calm and anger free even when grossly provoked and pushed”.
The peaceful Master looked at the disciple and said “When you are hungry, eat; when you are tired, sleep.”
What? …The disciple who was unpleased with the answer said “isn’t that what everyone does anyway?”
The Master replied “No…Most people entertain a thousand desires when they eat and scheme over a thousand plans when they sleep. Their mind is dispersed, it’s all over”.
The above shows that, to be at peace with others, you must be at peace with yourself first. You must be able to control your mind and calm it to focus when needed.
When anger sets in, we act without thinking, we insult and we shout without being mindful. Such practices tell us that, in times of anger, we lose who we are, we lose control of our minds and let the anger take over our rational existence. Have you ever recorded yourself when angry to hear how you sound? You will be disgusted with the play back. And you won’t believe that was you!
For us to overcome anger or be anger free, we must be able to restrict our minds to concentrate and be mindful.
Being mindful is a strong antidote to anger. When you are mindful, you would be able to give yourself a quick pause and reflect on your soon to take action (controlling inner energy), even in times of despair…CONTINUE READING FROM HERE
By: Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri/www.TopVincent.Com
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BG: Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- IAmSassyChic.Com: How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- Winnie 'Nomzamo' Mandela: She Who Tried!
- BG: Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Ahead Of 2013 Ghana Movie Awards, Your Favourite Movie Stars Pose With The GMA’s Expensive Statuette
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date