True to the pre-event hype, the Miss Ghana 2012 Street Fashion Show held on Saturday evening, rocked the Osu Oxford Street and its surroundings to bit.
The event, which was being held for the first time in the history of the pageant, rose to the occasion, attracting a large patronage that can only be described as historic.
Thousands of party revelers including the Capital’s fashion community trooped to the Osu Oxford Street to witness what would go down in the history of beauty pageants in this country as an event that came alive and gave fashion a whole new meaning.
Finalists of this year’s pageant took to the runway to strut some amazing designs from some of Ghana’s leading fashion houses including Wendy L’artisan, Details by Neyomi, Ciba, INKA, Nubian Vogue, poqua poqu, Ettien Hans, Anasimba by Zita, Naa Dei Morgan and Ndytsi by Akorfa.
Act after act, the finalists dazzled in some amazing wears to the admiration of patrons. From Casual wear to evening wear, through to the very trendy modern-day look, the runway looked all swanky and alluring.
The cheers would get louder as the contestants took turns to strut in various collections, as the crowd asked for more.
A great night it was, the show also featured musical performances from D Black, JOEY B, Raquel, Sherifa Gunu, D2, Swag Society, E-Nice and Sammy Lee.
The first of its kind in the history of the pageant, Accra’s fashion community witnessed, what was a spectacular evening full of glamour and fun.
Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of the Miss Ghana pageant had said the Street Fashion Show was going to be the “most stylish fashion show ever”. And yes it did.
The stunning, intelligent and elegant ladies got a unique opportunity to sell their amazing poses and modeling talents to a large audience some of who were seeing them for the first time in public.
Arguably Accra’s biggest street event in recent times, the Miss Ghana Street Fashion Show also attracted a tall list of celebrity presence including Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Abeiku Santana, and the Mayor of Accra Alfred Okoe Vanderpuije among other dignitaries. Lots of souvenirs were also won on the day.
Emcees for the night were Prince Ato Turkson of Choice 102.3 FM and Miriam Osei Agyemang of Pravda 93.5 FM.
The after party at Firefly was also a huge success.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
- Juliet Ibrahim Does Not Care If You Think She SUCKS As An Actress
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?