True to the pre-event hype, the Miss Ghana 2012 Street Fashion Show held on Saturday evening, rocked the Osu Oxford Street and its surroundings to bit.
The event, which was being held for the first time in the history of the pageant, rose to the occasion, attracting a large patronage that can only be described as historic.
Thousands of party revelers including the Capital’s fashion community trooped to the Osu Oxford Street to witness what would go down in the history of beauty pageants in this country as an event that came alive and gave fashion a whole new meaning.
Finalists of this year’s pageant took to the runway to strut some amazing designs from some of Ghana’s leading fashion houses including Wendy L’artisan, Details by Neyomi, Ciba, INKA, Nubian Vogue, poqua poqu, Ettien Hans, Anasimba by Zita, Naa Dei Morgan and Ndytsi by Akorfa.
Act after act, the finalists dazzled in some amazing wears to the admiration of patrons. From Casual wear to evening wear, through to the very trendy modern-day look, the runway looked all swanky and alluring.
The cheers would get louder as the contestants took turns to strut in various collections, as the crowd asked for more.
A great night it was, the show also featured musical performances from D Black, JOEY B, Raquel, Sherifa Gunu, D2, Swag Society, E-Nice and Sammy Lee.
The first of its kind in the history of the pageant, Accra’s fashion community witnessed, what was a spectacular evening full of glamour and fun.
Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of the Miss Ghana pageant had said the Street Fashion Show was going to be the “most stylish fashion show ever”. And yes it did.
The stunning, intelligent and elegant ladies got a unique opportunity to sell their amazing poses and modeling talents to a large audience some of who were seeing them for the first time in public.
Arguably Accra’s biggest street event in recent times, the Miss Ghana Street Fashion Show also attracted a tall list of celebrity presence including Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Abeiku Santana, and the Mayor of Accra Alfred Okoe Vanderpuije among other dignitaries. Lots of souvenirs were also won on the day.
Emcees for the night were Prince Ato Turkson of Choice 102.3 FM and Miriam Osei Agyemang of Pravda 93.5 FM.
The after party at Firefly was also a huge success.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know