True to the pre-event hype, the Miss Ghana 2012 Street Fashion Show held on Saturday evening, rocked the Osu Oxford Street and its surroundings to bit.
The event, which was being held for the first time in the history of the pageant, rose to the occasion, attracting a large patronage that can only be described as historic.
Thousands of party revelers including the Capital’s fashion community trooped to the Osu Oxford Street to witness what would go down in the history of beauty pageants in this country as an event that came alive and gave fashion a whole new meaning.
Finalists of this year’s pageant took to the runway to strut some amazing designs from some of Ghana’s leading fashion houses including Wendy L’artisan, Details by Neyomi, Ciba, INKA, Nubian Vogue, poqua poqu, Ettien Hans, Anasimba by Zita, Naa Dei Morgan and Ndytsi by Akorfa.
Act after act, the finalists dazzled in some amazing wears to the admiration of patrons. From Casual wear to evening wear, through to the very trendy modern-day look, the runway looked all swanky and alluring.
The cheers would get louder as the contestants took turns to strut in various collections, as the crowd asked for more.
A great night it was, the show also featured musical performances from D Black, JOEY B, Raquel, Sherifa Gunu, D2, Swag Society, E-Nice and Sammy Lee.
The first of its kind in the history of the pageant, Accra’s fashion community witnessed, what was a spectacular evening full of glamour and fun.
Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of the Miss Ghana pageant had said the Street Fashion Show was going to be the “most stylish fashion show ever”. And yes it did.
The stunning, intelligent and elegant ladies got a unique opportunity to sell their amazing poses and modeling talents to a large audience some of who were seeing them for the first time in public.
Arguably Accra’s biggest street event in recent times, the Miss Ghana Street Fashion Show also attracted a tall list of celebrity presence including Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Abeiku Santana, and the Mayor of Accra Alfred Okoe Vanderpuije among other dignitaries. Lots of souvenirs were also won on the day.
Emcees for the night were Prince Ato Turkson of Choice 102.3 FM and Miriam Osei Agyemang of Pravda 93.5 FM.
The after party at Firefly was also a huge success.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion
- Prosecution Begins Appeal Of Oscar Pistorius’ Sentence