Following its launch in other African countries, the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) was launched in Accra, Ghana on Monday.
Some Ghanaian movie makers witnessed the launch of a brand new scheme to award movie makers on the African continent at the African Regent Hotel in Accra.
The AMVCA 2013 is not to compete with existing award scheme for movie makers on the continent. However it would acknowledge and celebrate the contributions made by Pan African filmmakers, actors and technicians to the success of the continent’s film and television industries.
In attendance at the short ceremony were some faces in the Ghanaian Movie Industry including writer and director Shirley Frimpong Manso and producer Ken Attoh of Sparrow Productions, actress Joselyn Dumas and Juliet Ibrahim.
The rest were Chris Attoh, James Gardner, Lydia Forson and Socrate Safo.
Considering the major challenges facing African movie makers, it is very imperative that movie makers who have distinguished themselves are recognized and awarded.
Nomination is opened for movies and television series produced, broadcasted or publicly exhibited during the period of May 1st 2011 to April 30th 2012.
28 awards would be presented in 26 categories with two Industry Merit Awards.
The awards takes place in March in Lagos in two separate events. The first event would be dedicated to the behind the scene professionals or the crew whiles the main event would be on the final day of the event to award the actors and the actresses.
Ghanaian movie makers have been tasked to submit their movies and series for considerations.
Submission details can be found at www.africamagic.tv
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 5 SOLID Proofs That Nadia Buari Has A Hidden Child
- Did You Know God Is A Woman? Catholic Priest Who ‘Resurrected’ Says He Saw God And She’s A Girl
- Ghana Man’s Attempt to Poison His Lover Led to Her Death And Four Other Kids…
- PHOTOS + Angry Ghanaians Join ‘Wↄn Gbo’ Demonstration in Accra to Protest Against Ghanaian Government
- Three Children Drown In Eastern Region Because They Were Swimming To School- In A Country That Dashes Its Footballers Cars For Winning Nothing