The Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) is calling for feature length films short and documentary entries for its 2013 edition, to be held on 14th April.
The deadline for submissions is 30 December 2012 and the theme for the 2013 edition is ‘Africa-One-Africa without borders the integration cinematically.’
‘There is this great awareness of the possibilities in Africa. This has been an exciting year for African cinema as many big budget productions have been on going on the continent and distribution becoming more accessible to African films’ says founder and Academy CEO Peace Anyiam-Osigwe.
However only films produced, premiered and or released between December 2011 and November 2012 are eligible. Features may not exceed 120 minutes and shorts should not be longer than 40 minutes. The winning films for AMAA 2012 included How to Steal Two Million, Otelo Burning, and Shattered.
Since its inception in 2005, AMAA has established itself as the most prestigious and glamorous awards celebrating filmmaking on the continent.
The gala event, which is televised live around the world, attracts Hollywood celebrities alongside their African counterparts, as well as African politicians and media.
Submission forms can be downloaded from the AMAA website, http://www.ama-awards.com/. Nominations will be announced in March 2013.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- HOT SHOTS: Gloria Sarfo Stuns In New Photos
- We Are Single Because Men Are Scared To Approach Us - Actress Gloria Sarfo
- MUST SEE: Kyeiwaa Returns Dowry To Husband's Family (Video)
- Twin Boko Haram Blasts Kill Nineteen And Wounds 140 In Northern Cameroon
- Vice President Amissah Arthur Picks Nomination Forms For The President: NDC Denies George Boateng Has Filed His Nomination