Running to staging the final show at the National Theatre in December, preparations for the ‘Okyeame Kwame Versatile Show’ has begun in an intense passion.
Dubbed the ‘Okyeame Kwame Versatile Show’, which seeks to combine Theatre, Music and Dance on one stage on one night, organizers kick started with an auditions at the School of Performing Arts, University of Ghana over the weekend.
In attendance were very enthusiastic people of all ages coming to audition for various roles. Panelist had to make a selection from the over a hundred and fifty dancers, skaters and acrobats who showed up. Those who are chosen will make history together with Okyeame Kwame by performing with him and other artistes on the event night.
Being the first of its kind ever to be staged in the country, the ‘Okyeame Kwame Versatile Show’ boasts of some of the very best pros in the respective industries. The audition panel which comprised of renowned Dance Choreography and lecturer, Prof. Nii Yartey and son, Nii Tete, Kofi Antonio, also a dance tutor and LaTina Rencher (dancer and dance trainer from the US) were highly impressed with the talents that were on display.
Kofi Antonio, the choreographer of the event was elated by the numbers, enthusiasm and sheer talents of those who came to audition. He was full of praise for the dancers who were auditioned and promised to bring out the very best in them for the show so they all make history together by staging the first of such a show in Ghana.
In an interview with Nii Tete, he said he was thrilled at the idea of fusing music, theatre and dance in one show, and was full of praise for the initiator of the concept Okyeame Kwame. “I am impressed with the immense amount talent displayed by the young dancers and acrobats, and I thank them for willing to share their talents with the rest of the world on such a stage”, he said excitedly.
After promising to give out his best, he added that, it is for all Ghanaian arts and music lovers to come to the National Theatre in their numbers on December, 14th to throw their weight behind Okyeame Kwame. “Okyeame Kwame to me represents a generation of young people who want to push the arts and music to its deserved heights and needs everyone’s help”.
The ‘Okyeame Kwame Versatile Show’ comes with a tv reality series which starts airing soon on MultiTV and GHOne. The reality series will chronicle the journey of the event from auditions up to the final show at the National Theatre.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?