Have you ever looked at a child model in a photo or in an advert on TV and thought Oh! How cute yet what you really mean to say is Oh! How sad.
Ever wondered why people use these kids of all ages (pre-teen) touting the deliciousness/trendiness/fun of the latest consumable and styles on TV or in magazines. Your guess is as good as mine; to play on the sensitivity of people to buy or consume their wares.
Modelling itself can be a fun world but it can also be an ugly one. It’s a window-dressing, smoke-and-mirrors world where the genetically gifted are rewarded on the most superficial of criteria. So why then do people use children in such a harsh industry?
Believe it or not many may justify using these kids (innocent as they are) in this industry premised on the fact there is no harm in using pre-teen models. It even gets worse when children are dressed in certain uncomfortable and uncovered manner and made to pose in certain ways all in the name of modelling.
It is sad how child modelling is becoming rampant in today’s Ghana. You can call it child modelling but I think this industry is very exploitative of children. This kind of practice is identical to child labour, child abuse and also opening these children to the wicked thoughts and fantasies of paedophiles.
Now what is so exploitative about a child so willing to be in the spotlight or in front of the cameras? What is so exploitative about a child getting paid or earning a living at an early age or even living his or her dream at that age? What about those children who do it for the fun of it, are they being exploited as well?
Well, yes. Paid or unpaid there is always that exploitative connotation to child modelling that must be addressed. A child may not see it that way because they really do not understand the consequences or the negative effects of the profession.
Even the word “exploitative” may seem too big a word for them to understand. At the end of the day, the decision to expose children to this risqué posing world is the adults or parents or guardians or any responsible person in charge to of them at the children’s expense. The profession might be fun and lucrative but in end the brunt of the consequence lies heavily on the children involved.
Honestly speaking, If we begin to pay attention closely and hear the children, they will probably be saying Stop child modelling now! What are the laws in Ghana to protect the exploitation and abuse of children by their parents or guardians all in the name of child modelling?
It is very important we understand that, a ban on child modelling means a life of security for our children.
What are your thoughts on child modelling? Do you agree with me that child modelling is exploitative, abusive, morally and legally wrong? Would you push your child into child modelling?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- RED CARPET FAB: Photos + I Was Given The All Important Red Carpet Attention Alongside Fred Nuamah At 2013 Cannes Film Festival…
- Introducing Edith Faalong As Naana In 'Living With Trisha'
- PHOTOS: Captain Planet Of 4x4 At Cannes, The Party Has Just Started!
- Lydia Forson Says She Is Building A Brand, Sort Of Halle Berry’s Type & That Is Part Of Why She's Not Seen In Most Ghanaian Movies
- OBS: 4 Die At T. B Joshua’s Church; 30 Others Injured In 'Holy Water' Stampede...REALLY?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?