Renowned world music artiste Asa of Jailer fame will perform at the finals of this year’s Miss Ghana pageant.
Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of the pageant today announced, adding that the internationally-acclaimed singer will be accompanied by a team of performers who will stage what is expected to be a historic show.
An amazing songstress who has seen her global appeal rise with time, the Nigerian is the very definition of an artiste who has it all. The organizers are hopeful she will put up a good show to the admiration of the thousands expected to attend the Saturday November 10 finals, at the Accra International Conference Center.
A multiple award-winning act, Asa’s style of music fuses pop, R&B, funk, neo-soul and reggae in a flawless fashion, all delivered in both English and Yoruba. Drawing inspiration from the likes of Marvin Gaye, Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Sunny Ade and Ebenezer Obey, her music usually features a blend of impeccable percussion, funky Hammond organ and reggae infused bass.
Some of her popular songs in Ghana over the past few years have included Jailer, Be my Man, No One Knows, and Imperfect Me amongst a tall rich list.
The Miss Ghana finals will be the first time she will be mounting a stage in Ghana. Expectations are high, especially among her large Ghanaian fan base, some of who have been yearning for a day to see her perform on Ghanaian soil.
Miss Ghana 2012 is powered Exclusive Events Ghana, with support from Manet Properties, Auto Plaza Ltd, Reflexion Hair care, Africa Cola, Fidelity Bank, Whirlpool, FC Skin & Beauty Klinik, Special Ice Mineral Water, Accents & Arts, TT Brothers, Edern Security, Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company Limited (IPMC), Capture – Your Memory Bank Total Fitness Health Club, ATL Fabrics, Golden Tulip Hotel, Mensvic Hotel, Travel Express Hotel, Danny’s Décor, Moet and Chandon, Active Media, Amazing U, Details by Ne Yo Mi, Naadei Morgan, Poqua Poku, Anasimba by Zita, Ciba, INKA, Nubian Vogue, and NDYTSI.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Celebrity TwitPics & Instagram Photos Of The Week: Becca, Eazzy, Yvonne Nelson, Majid Michel, Joselyn Dumas & Other
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: Zoo Worker, 24, Dies After Being Mauled By Tiger In Front Of Visitors As She Fed It
- Michael Adebolajo, The British-Muslim Convert Of Nigerian Origin Who Attempted To Behead And Disembowel A Young Soldier Was Inspired By Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Videos: Watch Yvonne Nelson’s Top 10 Music Videos
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?