Actor Van Vicker is gradually breaking new grounds as he continues to direct and produce his own movies. He has set an agenda which is to contribute his quota to the industry, not only as an actor but as a movie maker to give opportunities to new crop of actors.
After winning couple of awards as well as getting multiple nominations with ‘Joni Waka’ in several movie awards, actor Van Vicker is set to premiere the award winning movie to Ghanaian movie enthusiasts.
‘Joni Waka’ is a comedy movie. With known hostile attitude of English speaking actors’ when shooting with Twi speaking actors, it is interesting how Van was able to gel so well with the Twi speaking actors including Agya Koo, the award winning actor.
In ‘Joni Waka’, Van goes to a village to play pranks on them. Due to his complexion, he was mistaken to be a white man, partly because he faked speaking on the phone with the American President Obama.
He claims to be an investor with lots of cash to ‘waste’ hence coming to the village to find out how best or what to invest in. Van did not appear like a funny character but Agya Koo complimented him to bring out a wonderful movie.
The grand premiere is scheduled for Friday December 14 at the Silverbird Cinema inside the Accra Mall.
‘Joni Waka’ is gunning for 5 awards including Cinematography, Best Picture, Best Actor In A Lead Role (Van Vicker), Best Music – Original Score and Best Directing Local Language at the Ghana Movie Awards scheduled for December 25.
It is the fourth production from his Sky Orange Production and was shot in Kumasi.
Watch the trailer below:
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Burkina Faso President Blaise Compaore Finally Resigns
- Good Name is Better than Riches: Starr FM Honours Komla Dumor By Naming Their Newsroom After Him
- Massive Rush for Invitations for Tigo Music Unplugged
- Apple CEO- Tim Cook Publicly Confirms He is GAY | Says ‘I'm Proud to Be Gay’
- Sexist English FA Chief Who Said Women's Place is in The Kitchen, Not on the Pitch is SUSPENDED Yet Bishop Duncan Williams is Being Defended for the Same Bigotry By Women