THE BIG QUESTION: What Is The Best Ghanaian Movie You Have Ever Watched?

SassyChic

SassyChic

When we had dinner with Ghanaian actress-Roselyn Ngissah last week in London, the 7 of us at the table discussed many things including African movies-the progress, weakness and prospects.

During the chit chat, someone threw in the question; what is the best Ghanaian movie any of us have seen and why is that particular movie the best…

Shirley Frimpong Manso’s ‘Perfect Picture’ was mentioned by several people around the table as their best, citing how tastefully the s*x scene was done as one of the reasons for the pick.

GC Staff member-SassyChic (photo above) mentioned that, it seems the s*x scene in ‘Perfect Picture’ opened the floodgate for all these tacky s*x scenes that have filled our movies. She continued that, even though Perfect Picture became the talk of the town and remains a classic because of the storyline and the crop of actors in the movie, the s*x scene gave it that wonderful and different feel.

To her, when other movie makers witnessed the success of the ‘Perfect Picture‘, they started bombarding us with adult movies they called Ghanaian movies…

After years of watching several Ghanaian movie movies, what is the best Ghanaian movie you have ever seen and why?

READ ALSO: PHOTOS: A Wonderful Dinner With Actress Roselyn Ngissah, GC Reader Fiona Baffour, Actor Atto Erick & Others

yaakomson says:

i told you so…..is the best amonst all

mercedes says:

OMG my favourite all time movie has to be THE PERFECT PICTURE. When I tell you I’ve watched this movie soo many time that my dvds got scratches on them believe me. I can’t even find the dvds anymore I’m hoping to get another copy when I’m in Ghana. My next favourite is ADAMS APPLES. Loves the series, loved the actors/actresses, the locations and the quality of the film, love it. We in London are lucky enough to have a ghana channel now so that’s were I got to watch the series. I love it so much I go on youtube anytime I’m bored to watch it again. Single Six was funny, loved it. And my favourite twi movies have to be Ama Ghana lol, Land Lady lol, and anything with agya koo in it. When I get to Ghana hopefully I get a copy of the contract and siÑgle and married heard a lot of good things about them. Overall Ghana movies are improving I don’t watch any other african movies except for them. I watched a sting in the tale too and I loved it. Hoping to go Ghana soon and get all the movies I’ve missed. And shirley frimpong manso and leila are champs, the movies they produce are 11/10. And did I say that almost every african born in the uk knows about beyonce staring van vicker and nadia buari? They are the most talked about african movie stars including jackie appiah lol.

kwame says:

Crime against Christ

Sir says:

What about this movie? MATTA our missing Children.

vybz says:

who killed nancy, a stab in the dark….

Susie says:

Kwaw Ansah’s movies are the best ever in my opinion. Love brewed in an African pot and Heritage Africa all tell a beautiful story of our culture and Ghana’s history. We need more of such stories because we have a rich history: when are they going to make good movies about Yaa Asantewa, the struggles of Nkrumah & the big 6, the 28th February massacre, the various coup de tat etc?

sasha says:

adams apple and awiye

Sir says:

Movie of all time; Me yare, maa bodam, me wo ma ato nedzen atzaa

jeanie says:

@Sir, hahahaa sabina lol

sunday says:

majid owns and rules ghana,somewhere in africa is the best,i need an ans pls,do majid still future in divine love till now,and in which Tv station do they show it!

ME says:

ogboo was the shit..lol awww and kofi nikrabeaa..love brew in africa..best movie ever…who killed nancy….i told u so……

Sir Nart says:

Many many but i’ll go for 1. Perfect Picture 2. Somewhere in Africa 3. Who owns the city 4. Asoreba 5. Adams Apple? I didn’t even understand the movie at all or maybe i didn’t concentrate. 6. GAME 7. Hot fork(controversial due to d s*x acts but i like the movie) etc

JASEF says:

matters of the heart
who killed nancy
 a stab in the dark, ripples
kofi Nkrabea
ogboo
i want her blood
on holidays
love brewsed in an african pot
scorned
adams apple
game
papa lasisi’s bicycle
the good old days
 are movies i enjoyed so well but i will go for OGBOO  AND KOFI NKRABEA

ME says:

matters of the heart
rejected
ripples
the journey to kuratumi(hope i got the spelling right)
rejected
step dad
Mataa
bortele
perfect picture
Adams apple…………
kumasi yonko
asoreba

madam social says:

@ME, wooo i almost forgot about matters of the heart. such a great movie. what happened to idikoko? currently i m in love with ” the perfect picture” watched it like 10x already and still can’t get enough of it. and off asoreba and kumasi yonko

ME says:

@madam social, i live idikoko´s movies…lol…Awww, and anything santo and judas….i like..lol….Ghanaian movies were so cool back in the days….

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

@ME, especially banker to banker

me says:

@Dr. Miyagi Atopa, lol banker to banker is really cool..u should try and watch landord on youtube…lol..Santo and judas are so mad cool…..Canana, sika sunsum, and okukuseku…lol…good movies….Akatsi ne apatsi…lol..RIP Agya Ntow, bod santo, kwame owusu ansah, station master and suzzy williams……u guys are gone, but not forgotten

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

@me, wooow that’s some good movies you mention there I have to watch it again especially landlord with Santo man that movie had so many punch lines

FOXY says:

My best Ghanaian movie will be. Adams family, i sing of a well, perpect picture, scorned, desperate to survive, the game, wrong target, heart of a men, Asoreba, akurasi burga, kunasi yonko, agya koo trotro driver( even 3&4 suck) but love the first 2, life and living. Asting in a tale. I can go on and on. am afarian movies freak. love them …..love them …..love them

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

@FOXY, lol which one is Adams family, or you meant Adam’s apple?

27cдгibre(Ф_ф) says:

@Dr. Miyagi Atopa, ahahaha

FOXY says:

@Dr. Miyagi Atopa, i meant Adam Apple. lolol

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

@FOXY, Lol that’s okay

Qwasark says:

the Best Gh movies ve ever watched is I TOLD U SO….hhahahahaha i luv da cast in dat movie

Sally says:

Haven’t see Perfect Picture yet but ADAMS APPLES reign for me right now

ticia says:

for Twi movie i will go for Village Champion and for English one i will go for ..perfect Picture,

pk says:

Run baby run, i think that is my all time favourite

maame says:

@pk, true that pk i fell in love with the movie too.

maame says:

i have a lot of them but i cant remember them all so i will say prefect picture, scorned, Adams apples, asoriba, and so on.

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

Best African movie hmmmm starting with

1.Adam’s apple -- story was good great acting good picture quality, and the movie “contrac”

2. Hero Production’s movie, ‘The Game’
3. Chelsea
4. Ama Ghana
5. Rose Mensah aka Kyeiwaa [Akrasi Burgers] I just can’t get enough of that movie
6. Single six, loved that movie great story line
7. Dr. Love was a perfect twi movie full of laughter
8. Pure water with Kwaku Manu
9. Single& married
10. Agya Koo Italian burger
11. Agya Koo Nsem Pii it’s a movie everybody needs in their collection
12. Agya Koo and wayoosi ma tricki wo funny movie from beginning till the end
13. Agya Koo mechanic
14. Life and living it another good movie
15. Kwaku Manu (bob siga)
16. Kwaku Manu (lukeman) “meni sibo wie ko use Obaa baako aden m3 gyimi” Lol loved that movie
And my list goes on and on

jeff says:

@Dr. Miyagi Atopa, Ohh I forgot The Game, I will actually go for that rather than Sin of the soul.lol

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

@jeff, looool the game was pretty cool

jeff says:

Those are some pretty good movies we’ve mentioned. So after all, we have some GOOD movies that we can boast of !!!

cici says:

For twi mine is Asoreba and English I will go for Perfect Picture..

JOA_26 says:

My all time best used to be “Perfect picture” until I had the opportunity to see this summer, upon my visit to Gh -- Yvonne Okoro’s newest movie in town “Contract” directed by Shirley Frimpong Manso. Currently, by all standards, it’s rating the best as far as I’m conern and the numbers of audince trooping to the Silver birds cinemas every evening to catch a glims of that movie can attest to this fact. If you get the opportunity to see this master piece don’t hesitate and you will say I said.

27cдгibre(Ф_ф) says:

Am not use to Ghanaian movies but. Am gonna choose. RIPPLES AS ALL TIME BEST MOVIE OF GHANA AND TENTACLES AND THINGS WE DO FOR LOVE AS MY BEST SERIES MOVIES .

mzsenn says:

@27cдгibre(Ф_ф),i luvd dem too and also suncity n home sweet home

27cдгibre(Ф_ф) says:

@mzsenn, heyy you throw my memory backwards in home sweet home my favorite character is Gaeto lol who was your favorite…

Things we do for love it pusha ooo pusha n Dede lol

mzsenn says:

@27cдгibre(Ф_ф),i liked Junior better lol!cos hes a fresh boy B-)  i also lykd Pusha very much in things we do 4 luv!he was d ish den!lol

@27cдгibre(Ф_ф), I cant belive I cant really remember what that Ripples movies was like cuz it looks like a couple of people are talking about how good it was.Calibre, if you got a copy of the CD, I beg mail it to me..(lol)(If only u didnt watch it on GTV at that time.

mzsenn says:

@Adjoa Nbaaso),lol!watch it on gtv paaa!

27cдгibre(Ф_ф) says:

@Adjoa Nbaaso), I also. Watched it on GTV but I will ask one of my cousin she is a movieholic then times ,i will figure out if she can get the cd …

jeff says:

I sing of a well, Adams apple, Perfect picture, Sinking sands, De3 ade3 wono by Nana Ama cBrown & Kesewaa, My top 6 GH Movies EVER

jeff says:

@jeff, I will actually go for TOP 10 BEST GH movie of time, so the rest will be Asoreba, Kumasi yonko), sin of the soul & Kiss me if u can

Dr. Miyagi Atopa says:

@jeff, I agree kumasi yonko was very good allot of people liked it

jeff says:

@Dr. Miyagi Atopa, Yeah, very true Bro

KA NE WU says:

AS FOR ME IVE DEDICATED ALL MY MOVIE PREFERENCE TO AGYAA KOO. I THINK HE IS SO NATURAL AND REAL. MOST OF ALL THE HUMOR ASPECT. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

Eaglebabe says:

I dont really watch Ghanaian movies because i dont like them that much but among the few ones i have watched, Adams’ Apples top’s all

Adams Apple ofcourse, Single six,Perfect picture,Scorn,haha (Agya Koo’s movie called bank manager)=love that movie soo much.Most of my other best movies are collab. between Ghana and Nigeria.

nanya martinso says:

@Adjoa Nbaaso), nicest movie ever ……checkmate……n*ked face and temptation by majid

mzsenn says:

A stab in the dark pt 1 & 2,Ripples

@mzsenn, Eii, am sure u havent watched any more movies after the 90s.

mzsenn says:

@Adjoa Nbaaso),lol! i hav oh..i just watch them in fastfoward bcos most of them are soooooo fake and lck creativity..everything is awfully overdone! I think we do better in series than we do in movies!

RocklynLove says:

@Adjoa Nbaaso),hahahaha u r ryt… the stab n de dark paaa agyeiiii

RocklynLove says:

hmmmmmmm

nat says:

Perfect picture, Adams Apples (my all time favourite), A sting in a tale and I sing of well. No addition, no subtraction. If I will pick the best…………….Adams Apples!

PART II – More Teaser Photos From Chris-Vincent And Elsie’s Amazing Wedding Ceremony---CLICK HERE