If you think your religion is supreme and only you and your religious group members are heading to heaven/paradise, whiles the others are definitely going to hell or nowhere, close this article…It is not for people like you. In fact, I dislike people like you who think a group they belong are inherently supreme to others and do not make real effort to understand the dealings of others…
Religion is a dicey subject and as such, many people avoid discussing it. Many of us are experts in our own Religions and are confident that we are on the right path. If our group is on the right path in a world where we have right or wrong, where is the other groups heading?
We have millions of books and holy writings to back our assumptions and claims of belonging to the right Religious group; I mean the one God says it is right for His children…
What most of us lack is the strength to consider and understand the Religious practices and preaching of others. We have the best and yet we do not even know about what lies behind our walls. I am not sure how we got to know we are in the best since we have not sufficiently and objectively compared or given that of the others the necessary attention.
God is practically, conceptually and imaginably difficult to understand. The mind of God can never be understood. And this is because, God do not directly deal with us, we deal with our selves. He deals with us through mankind.
To understand the mind of God, we must understand and appreciate the minds of others, especially those who do not belong to our Religious group. Instead of us embracing the principle of unity in diversity, when it comes to Religion, we seem to entrench diversity with trivial assumptions and proclamation.
What Religion do you belong to?
It is true that some will find God even if they are brought up in a remote part of the world. However, the Religious group we belong to is heavily influenced by geography-like it or not. If you are a Christian reading this, get this right…If you were born in Saudi Arabia, the probability that you would have been a Muslim is far higher than being what you are today.
If things we do not have control over such as place of birth, parents and even upbringing affect our Religious group choices, why are we then making such groupings divide us more than it should be, creating uneasiness amongst us and to some extent, creating permanent barriers when it comes to certain dealings with certain people?
I prefer to call myself a student of all Religions, opened minded about every Religious group and certain about none. Do not get me wrong, I am not an atheist-that is not even a Religious group anyway.
My background and upbringing surely have contributed to this stand and this has helped my human interaction and understanding of people from several Religious groups.
My mother is a strong, respected Christian, a Pentecostal and currently, she is the deputy women’s leader of the Church of Pentecost at where she resides.
I can say I grew up well with my grandmother who worshiped with the Presbyterian Church and devoted the best part of her life serving God through the church.
My first girlfriend was a respected and devoted Muslim. I recently heard she has converted to Christianity because of her husband (good for her).
When growing up, I had several friends and the one I cherished most was a Rastafarian by belief. He was kind, warmhearted and God fearing. What I loved most was his free spirit and consciousness.
I had my Senior High School Education in Adisadel College, an Anglican school which had a resident Priest. For the 3 years, I sung various Anglican hymns, worshiped the Anglican way and took communion every Monday in an on campus Anglican chapel.
I attend college at East Ham in London and I had several Asian and African Muslim friends. We hanged around after classes and rushed to get food together each day…I respected their views on Religion and where they belong.
At the Law School, I dated a Buddhist for almost a year. Her world view, understanding, calmness and way of life which were heavily influenced by her Religion is something I have never come across. She was such an innocent intelligent young woman.
At the same University, I had several friends from different Religious groups such as Sikh, Hindu, Judaism and those who did not have any space in their hearts for any Religion.
My girlfriend today is a Christian and she is respectful, generous, nice and believes in natural remedies so she is currently studying for a second degree in alternative medicine.
Why the long talk?
All these people I met and know belong to different Religious groups and probably in the comfort of their own room; they think their religion is the best. I hope they do not think so though…
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
- The Much Talked About Movie-CHEATERS Starring Jackie Appiah, Adjetey Anang & Others Premieres Tomorrow-24 May!
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: The Moment Captain Planet Of 4x4 Fame & Fred Nuamah Met Top British Actor-Clive Owen
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?