For the past few weeks, Ghana’s airwaves and news publications have been filled with debates about the rights of homosexuals in Ghana.
The President, Pastors, Ministers and everyone that matters in Ghana, including the ordinary citizens have added their voice to the debate as if our lives, progress and development depend on whether gays have rights or not in Ghana.
The attention and time channelled toward this issue has got me asking myself; why don’t we give the same amount of attention/time to common difficulties like the rampant power cuts (electricity), unemployment and water problems we face daily in Ghana?
We have REAL issues such as our mass graduate unemployment and unavailability of power to run businesses which curtail our development as a nation. Instead of spending our energy and time looking to solve these issues or putting pressure on the Government to tackle these issues, we are rather putting pressure on the Government not to acknowledge the rights of certain individuals.
You can call me a ‘sell out’ but sometimes I look at Ghana and some Ghanaians from far with great pain and pity. When will we get our priorities right? When will we ever put the right CRY up?
Majority of Ghanaians are more than furious about the rights of homosexuals and have jumped from their beds to make sure they are well heard on this issue. They do not only want to be well heard, but their cries must be implemented and respected.
Great stuff! But only if we are able to give the same attention and bring to bear on those in charge the same level of pressure when it comes to the real issues affecting our daily lives as people.
I cannot understand how much the rights of gays will affect any of us compared to the mass unemployment, rampant power cuts and lack of water for daily use which we seem to be ‘okay’ with.
I think I can ask again; would the homosexual talks solve the electricity, water & employment problems in ghana?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Michael Adebolajo, The British-Muslim Convert Of Nigerian Origin Who Attempted To Behead And Disembowel A Young Soldier Was Inspired By Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Videos: Watch Yvonne Nelson’s Top 10 Music Videos
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?