For the past few weeks, Ghana’s airwaves and news publications have been filled with debates about the rights of homosexuals in Ghana.
The President, Pastors, Ministers and everyone that matters in Ghana, including the ordinary citizens have added their voice to the debate as if our lives, progress and development depend on whether gays have rights or not in Ghana.
The attention and time channelled toward this issue has got me asking myself; why don’t we give the same amount of attention/time to common difficulties like the rampant power cuts (electricity), unemployment and water problems we face daily in Ghana?
We have REAL issues such as our mass graduate unemployment and unavailability of power to run businesses which curtail our development as a nation. Instead of spending our energy and time looking to solve these issues or putting pressure on the Government to tackle these issues, we are rather putting pressure on the Government not to acknowledge the rights of certain individuals.
You can call me a ‘sell out’ but sometimes I look at Ghana and some Ghanaians from far with great pain and pity. When will we get our priorities right? When will we ever put the right CRY up?
Majority of Ghanaians are more than furious about the rights of homosexuals and have jumped from their beds to make sure they are well heard on this issue. They do not only want to be well heard, but their cries must be implemented and respected.
Great stuff! But only if we are able to give the same attention and bring to bear on those in charge the same level of pressure when it comes to the real issues affecting our daily lives as people.
I cannot understand how much the rights of gays will affect any of us compared to the mass unemployment, rampant power cuts and lack of water for daily use which we seem to be ‘okay’ with.
I think I can ask again; would the homosexual talks solve the electricity, water & employment problems in ghana?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know