Joseph Kingkong Agbeko, former Bantamweight World Champion will hit the rings on March 8, 2013 to fight for the first time in Ghana in six years.
The two times IBF world Champion is set to lock horns in a duel against Colombian Luis Melendes for the vacant International Boxing Organisation (IBO) World Bantamweight Title at the Accra Sports Stadium, promoted by Fresh King Entertainment.
With the two world class boxers boasting not less than 20 knockouts each in their glittering careers so far, CEO and Promoter of Fresh King Entertainment-Ebenezer Noye is excited at the opportunity to sell a world title fight of this quality to Ghanaians and the world since 1988.
Speaking to GhanaCelebrities.Com, Ebenezer Noye said; “Ghanaians have been deprived of quality world title fights in 24 years and that is well over two decades”
“We pride ourselves as the true beacon of African boxing with our achievements in the ring over the years, so this is great news to rekindle unmatched boxing interest in the country and the continent.”
Joseph Agbeko enviable fight record of 28 wins in 32 bouts will be under threat with Luis Melendes boasting an equally enthralling record of 34 wins in 43 fights.
According to the CEO and promoter of Fresh King Entertainment, the two boxers have enough quality to thrill the 40,000 crowd at the Accra Stadium and the millions who will be watching across the globe.
“Agbeko and Melendes are considered Bantamweight greats and it’s a rare privilege to watch the two fight live in Accra, Ghana. Fresh King Entertainment is working hard to ensure a good show is delivered on 8 March.” He said.
Exciting young prospects George ‘The Red Tiger’ Ashie and Samir Bastie are on the bill as well. Sena Agbeko hopes to extend his winning records with a win over Ato Forson on the night.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!