Joseph Kingkong Agbeko, former Bantamweight World Champion will hit the rings on March 8, 2013 to fight for the first time in Ghana in six years.
The two times IBF world Champion is set to lock horns in a duel against Colombian Luis Melendes for the vacant International Boxing Organisation (IBO) World Bantamweight Title at the Accra Sports Stadium, promoted by Fresh King Entertainment.
With the two world class boxers boasting not less than 20 knockouts each in their glittering careers so far, CEO and Promoter of Fresh King Entertainment-Ebenezer Noye is excited at the opportunity to sell a world title fight of this quality to Ghanaians and the world since 1988.
Speaking to GhanaCelebrities.Com, Ebenezer Noye said; “Ghanaians have been deprived of quality world title fights in 24 years and that is well over two decades”
“We pride ourselves as the true beacon of African boxing with our achievements in the ring over the years, so this is great news to rekindle unmatched boxing interest in the country and the continent.”
Joseph Agbeko enviable fight record of 28 wins in 32 bouts will be under threat with Luis Melendes boasting an equally enthralling record of 34 wins in 43 fights.
According to the CEO and promoter of Fresh King Entertainment, the two boxers have enough quality to thrill the 40,000 crowd at the Accra Stadium and the millions who will be watching across the globe.
“Agbeko and Melendes are considered Bantamweight greats and it’s a rare privilege to watch the two fight live in Accra, Ghana. Fresh King Entertainment is working hard to ensure a good show is delivered on 8 March.” He said.
Exciting young prospects George ‘The Red Tiger’ Ashie and Samir Bastie are on the bill as well. Sena Agbeko hopes to extend his winning records with a win over Ato Forson on the night.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Austrian Newspaper Says The Ghanaian Lady Arrested At Heathrow With Cocaine Worth Over 5 Million Dollars Must Be STUPID | And We Agree…
- Starr 103.5 FM Wins An Award Just 4-Months into Business
- Comedy of Errors: Man Attempts to Sell Stolen Goods Back to Its OWNER, Gets Arrested
- Maurice Ampaw Decides to Withdraw Case Against A-Plus After Meeting Between the Two
- Sister of Thomas Eric Duncan Who Died of Ebola Says America Treated Her Brother Like a Dog After Invention & Sending Ebola to Africa