One Direction star-Zayn Malik broke down on camera when the group visited Ghana and saw horrifying reality of suffering in the African country.
In the appeal video aired last night on Let’s Dance For Comic Relief , the glitz and glamour of the celeb world seemed a million miles away as the teenager begged viewers for donations to this year’s Red Nose Day Appeal.
Zayn Malik stated during his appeal that “we all waste money but the most important thing we can all do is give £5 to protect children from these illnesses,”.
One Direction visited Ghana few weeks ago and spent time in the Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital in Accra to raise awareness of the need for vaccines against preventable disease.
After meeting one young patient, who would not have been in hospital if he had been given a vaccination at birth, the singer became so overcome by emotion he was forced to step outside where he broke down in tears, so frustrated was he at witnessing the boy’s plight.
Shortly after their trip to Ghana, One Direction came under unnecessary attack from certain Ghanaian Celebrities for their activities in Ghana which were mainly to help raise funds for these innocent and needy children in the video.
Check out the video below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!