Africans seem to have a lot of money these days to waste and western celebrities who love to take the piss are in to help us spend this money.
I have had several e-mails seeking my opinion on the Chris Brown having been allegedly paid a whopping $1million to come to Ghana to be part of the official unveiling & sod cutting of the multimillion ‘Hope City Project’, which would be followed by a mega concert by him.
I’ve ended my reply to these emails which mostly came from radio stations and other Ghanaian entertainment critics with the statement; This will not be the last time an African or African based company would spend such big sum of money that a lot of African countries sometimes go out to seek as foreign aid on a western entertainer.
We’ve got a lot to throw out there and these western celebrities know how to take them and still take the piss out of us.
The piss take has just started and until Africans begin to place substantial value on our local talents and stop taking the piss out of them, foreign talents would continue to take our cash whiles we put up with their shoddy attitude.
Chris Brown was supposed to arrive in Ghana early Monday morning to be able to attend the sod cutting ceremony alongside the President of Ghana-John Mahama, GhanaCelebrities.Com has learned.
The sword cutting and unveiling of the ‘Hope City Project’ took place yesterday with the President in attendance and Chris Brown missing. In fact even a day after the above event, Chris Brown is still not yet in Ghana (at the time of this publication 11:00am, 5th March).
From our source in the organizers camp, Chris Brown was contracted to make appearance at the all important unveiling ceremony alongside the President as well as stage a mega concert tonight.
Several radio station interviews and press conferences which are customary held prior to any mega concert in Ghana were scheduled for this morning with the headline artiste-Chris Brown.
A Yfm presenter even tweeted last night entreating listeners to tune in this morning to listen to an interview with Chris Brown. These pre-concert interviews have not materialized since Chris Brown has not even arrived yet.
The question should not be; Is Chris Brown worth being paid $1million to perform or spend less than 24 hours in a third world struggling African country which sometimes go about begging for such sum in foreign aid?
The answer to the above question is obvious and as such the question should be; when would this piss take end? If by our own misplace of priority we are ready to spend huge amount on foreign artistes, at least can’t we be given what we paid for?
I guess the answer is; why must you be given something when you do not even know what you want. Now, let the piss take continue…Beyonce is waiting for the next cash to be thrown at her.
Let’s hope Chris Brown shows up and also hope he performs for at least an hour.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?