Africans seem to have a lot of money these days to waste and western celebrities who love to take the piss are in to help us spend this money.
I have had several e-mails seeking my opinion on the Chris Brown having been allegedly paid a whopping $1million to come to Ghana to be part of the official unveiling & sod cutting of the multimillion ‘Hope City Project’, which would be followed by a mega concert by him.
I’ve ended my reply to these emails which mostly came from radio stations and other Ghanaian entertainment critics with the statement; This will not be the last time an African or African based company would spend such big sum of money that a lot of African countries sometimes go out to seek as foreign aid on a western entertainer.
We’ve got a lot to throw out there and these western celebrities know how to take them and still take the piss out of us.
The piss take has just started and until Africans begin to place substantial value on our local talents and stop taking the piss out of them, foreign talents would continue to take our cash whiles we put up with their shoddy attitude.
Chris Brown was supposed to arrive in Ghana early Monday morning to be able to attend the sod cutting ceremony alongside the President of Ghana-John Mahama, GhanaCelebrities.Com has learned.
The sword cutting and unveiling of the ‘Hope City Project’ took place yesterday with the President in attendance and Chris Brown missing. In fact even a day after the above event, Chris Brown is still not yet in Ghana (at the time of this publication 11:00am, 5th March).
From our source in the organizers camp, Chris Brown was contracted to make appearance at the all important unveiling ceremony alongside the President as well as stage a mega concert tonight.
Several radio station interviews and press conferences which are customary held prior to any mega concert in Ghana were scheduled for this morning with the headline artiste-Chris Brown.
A Yfm presenter even tweeted last night entreating listeners to tune in this morning to listen to an interview with Chris Brown. These pre-concert interviews have not materialized since Chris Brown has not even arrived yet.
The question should not be; Is Chris Brown worth being paid $1million to perform or spend less than 24 hours in a third world struggling African country which sometimes go about begging for such sum in foreign aid?
The answer to the above question is obvious and as such the question should be; when would this piss take end? If by our own misplace of priority we are ready to spend huge amount on foreign artistes, at least can’t we be given what we paid for?
I guess the answer is; why must you be given something when you do not even know what you want. Now, let the piss take continue…Beyonce is waiting for the next cash to be thrown at her.
Let’s hope Chris Brown shows up and also hope he performs for at least an hour.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
- New Music Video: 'Womp3' By 5Five
- John Dumelo Says He Gets LONELY & The Only Thing Missing Is A MRS
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening