With time, the Kwahu Easter festival is becoming a place for people to unleash immorality and openly break the law. Kwahu has gain enormous popularity from the Easter activities being held there each year.
Yesterday I asked 5 female friends this question; ‘Why didn’t you go to Kwahu for the Easter?’ and independently, they all answered along the line ‘that place is becoming a place where people go and whore themselves’.
For Christ sake, it is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ we are marking, not some damn immoral festival…
What are some of the things you’ve heard or seen at the Kwahu festival?
Thirty one persons have so far been arrested by the Eastern Regional Police Command for engaging in various criminal activities in the ongoing Kwahu Easter Festival.
The Acting Regional Police Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) James Abass Abaah told Adom News the suspects were apprehended for non-compliance of traffic regulation, assault cases and involvement in drug-related activities.
ACP Abass however assured residents and tourists that his outfit is in control and would ensure the protection of lives and property during and after the Easter festivities in the region.
He said the police have stationed four hundred police personnel at strategic points in the Kwahu area to ensure security during the festival.
He noted that reported cases of crime and indecent behaviour at this year’s event have reduced as compared to the previous year’s.
He said the Motor Traffic and Transport Unit (MTTU) of the police have throughout the festivity ensured order and compliance of traffic regulations.
He cautioned the public about the use of unregistered vehicles and motor cycles in the area.
Thousands of revelers have gathered at the Kwahu Mountains where the annual Kwahu Easter Festival is ongoing.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 9 More People Have Been Arrested in Ghana in Connection With the Cocaine Case
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyepong Says Cocaine Girl is the Girlfriend of President Mahama’s Brother & Also She is Being Chopped Down By the CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- She Thinks We Are All STUPID | Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh Says She Thought She Was Carrying GOLD and Not Coke
- ECG Workers Threaten to Throw The Nation into Darkness If Sacked Boss is Not Reinstated: For A Largely Incompetent Organisation They Have A Lot Of Nerve- And Aren’t We Already in Darkness?
- Assistant Director At The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Two Others, Arrested For Allegedly Aiding Ruby To Use The VVIP lounge At Kotoka Before Boarding Her Flight