It seems Chris Brown coming to Ghana and introducing Nigerian artiste-Wizkid on stage to do Azonto was not a mere mistake. In fact, Chris Brown thinks Azonto is a Nigerian thing…
Probably he is taking the piss out of Ghanaians by failing to credit Ghana with the dance which has gained international recognition…
Talking about his new album ‘X’ and music video ‘Fine China’ on BET 106 & Park yesterday, Chris Brown mentioned that he has incorporated a dance from Africa called Azonto into his dance moves in the video. He even went ahead to request for a tune to be played, so he can demonstrated Azonto to the millions of viewers.
Unfortunately, he linked Nigerians Wizkid to the dance, saying he learnt it from him-that is not so bad. But he categorically added that, Azonto is a Nigerian thing…REALLY?
This is like me going on CNN to say EBA is a Ghanaian food…
Is Chris Brown taking the piss out of Ghana or is it that he does not know the truth about Azonto?
If you are reading this post and you are on twitter, tweet @ChrisBrown and say; For the last time, Azonto is a Ghana dance, get it straight man @GhanaCelebrity!
Watch Chris Brown’s BET Interview below
Watch ‘Fine China’ below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- It is Happening Tonight | Premiere of Shirley Frimpong Manso’s New Movie-LOVE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
- Reggie Rockstone is an Opportunist Who Capitalizes on Any Given Chance – Roro reply Reggie Rockstone
- R2Bees, Sarkodie, Davido, Efya, 2face & Others Nominated for 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) + Full Nomination List
- New Music Video: 'Ye Nea Woho Beto Wo' By Daddy Lumba
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Juliet Ibrahim, Joselyn Dumas, Nadia Buari, John Dumelo and Jon Germain