It emerged earlier this week that, the UK’s Crown Prosecution has charged another woman with the diabolical attack.
The woman appeared in court yesterday and shockingly, she is another young Nigerian, Mary Konye-21 years from Canning Town, East London.
I hope a man was not the reason why she did this (that is if found guilty)
London Evening Standard Reports;
A university student today appeared in court accused of throwing acid at a shop assistant in an attack that left her with severe facial burns.
Mary Konye, 21, of Canning Town in east London, allegedly hurled sulphuric acid at her former schoolmate Naomi Oni, also 21, on December 30 last year.
Miss Oni, who worked at Victoria’s Secret in the Westfield Stratford shopping centre, suffered severe burns during the alleged attack in Dagenham.
She was chatting on her mobile phone when she felt someone’s presence behind her in Lodge Avenue at about 12.40am after she got off a bus near her home, the court heard.
Konye, who is studying a business and finance degree at the University of Hertfordshire, faces a charge of throwing or casting a corrosive fluid with intent to burn, maim, disfigure, disable or do grievous bodily harm.
She made her first appearance at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court in Ilford, Essex, today.
Konye was remanded in custody case until May 15 for a preliminary hearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- WHEN BEING BLACK SUCKS: White Lesbian Mother Sues Sperm Bank After She Gave Birth to Mixed-Race Baby Because She Was Sent Black Man's Sperm
- First Case of Ebola Registered in Texas in The USA
- The US Manufactured Ebola? US Born Liberian Professor Says So...
- FIPAG Is Still ‘Attacking’ Foreigners – They Stopped Another Foreign Crew From Shooting An Advert in Ghana
- Accra Metropolitan Assembly's Exercise Showing Defective Reactionary Nature of Ghanaian Public Officials