Rahim Banda became the youngest actor to win an award at the last year’s Ghana Movie Awards on Christmas Day December 25 by gunning down heavyweights such as Adjetey Anang, Majid Michel, Edward Agyekum Kufuor (Son of the former President), Frank Artus and Chris Attoh.
He made history by picking his first award at age 12 with the movie ‘Wipe My Tears’ from the Best Actor In A supporting Role category.
In 2011 he made his debut in the awards with nomination in the Best Actor category which was eventually won by Majid Michel.
The young actor was present at the rLG head office in Osu to pick his trophy last week. He told GhanaCelebrities.Com how he feels about beating the big guns to win the award.
“The first time, I contested for Best Actor [in a lead role] and Majid [Michel] won, not this time around. I won and I’m still looking up to him; win or lose, he’s still my mentor. It feels good.”
The winners of the last year’s award only received their respective statuettes last week because of a delay which the organizers attribute to a seizure in Dubai.
Rahim Banda said he was not disappointed at all for the late arrival of his trophy from the organizers of the awards. The most important thing for him is that, it has arrived safely.
He mentioned that he’s currently working on some movies and confident of coming back to win the big one he lost to Majid Michel three years ago.
Ghana must indeed watch out for this kid!
Watch him on Delay’s Delay Show!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- VIDEO: Kafui Danku and Roselyn Ngissah Talk About ‘ I Do’ to Be Premiered Tonight-March 6, Why You Should Watch the Movie & MORE
- Meet Female Graphic Designer/Photographer Turned Queen Mother- Nana Ama Kukudam I
- VIDEO: From Being a Fraudster to Having Snatched Someone’s Husband, Zynnell Zuh Talks About Some of the Things People Say About Her + Today’s Big ‘WHEN LOVE COMES AROUND’ Celebrity PopCorn Sale
- Meet Makose: The Musician & Flutist Showcasing African Culture through Music
- VIDEO: Juliet Ibrahim Talks About Shattered Romance, the State of Her RELATIONSHIP With America R&B Artiste-Bobby V, Being a Movie Producer & MORE…