Ghana’s representative at this year’s Miss World pageant, Carranzer Naa Okailey Shooter, has arrived in Indonesia for the prestigious event.
She arrived on Wednesday September 4, joining a good number of other delegates at the Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, to prepare for the month-long event.
The contestants have since moved to The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali.
This year’s event runs from September 2nd to 28th, on which day the 63rd finals will be held at the Sentui International Convention Center in Bali, Indonesia.
The Asian country is hosting the event for the very first time in its history.
Contestants have so far taken part in themed photoshoot sessions, as well as shot individual profile videos.
To kick-start what should be an exciting one-month, an opening Ceremony was held yesterday Sunday September 8.
Miss Shooter and other world delegates are vying for the prestigious crown of Miss World 2013.
Finalists in this year’s event will take part in key challenge events including Beach Fashion, Beauty With a Purpose, Sports and Fitness, Talent, and Top Model. There will also be a special award for World Fashion Designer.
The world’s most successful and longest running pageant, participation in the global event is a value added lure for national pageants.
A yearly on-screen delight watched by a global television audience (2 billion as at 2009), this year’s event will be hosted by Mr World 2010 Kamal Ibrahim, and English Pianist, Singer, model and media personality Myleene Klass.
The winner of this year’s event will scoop an equivalent of 75, 000 Pounds, and would take over from China’s Wenxia Yu, as Miss World 2013.
NAA’S ARRIVAL (YOU CAN WATCH BY LOGGING INTO FACEBOOK)
NAA’S CONTESTANT PROFILE VIDEO
NAA’S CONTESTANT INTRODUCTORY VIDEO
OPENING CEREMONY REHEARSALS
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- We Are Gradually Losing It...
- 5 Hyped & Talented Ghanaian Rappers Who Failed to Glitter...
- What Your Favourite Celebrities Pride Themselves With Most | Bum for Christabel Ekeh, Legs for Yvonne Nelson, Face for Jackie Appiah, Hips for Joselyn Dumas + More
- Wanlov Da Kubolor Says Ghanaian Ministers Go to Amsterdam to Smoke Weed + We Are A Primitive Society…
- It’s Happening Tonight in Accra | The Premiere of ‘WHEN LOVE COMES AROUND’ Featuring Zynnell Zuh, Jim Iyke, Eku Edewor, Mikki Osei, Edward Kuffuor & Others