The reigning Miss World Africa, and 2nd Runner Up at this year’s Miss World event, Naa Okailey Shooter, has arrived in the country. She touched down, 8pm, Monday September 30, to a huge reception.
She was met on arrival by the Minister of Tourism, Culture & Creative Arts, Elizabeth Ofosu Adjare, her family and some friends from the Medical School, as well as officials of Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of the Miss Ghana pageant.
A brief press interaction session was held for her, at which she addressed the gathering. Flanked by the Minister, and Miss Ghana 2013, Giuseppina Nana Akua Baafi, she expressed her appreciation for the enormous support she received from the Ghanaian people throughout the competition.
“Your prayers and well wishes have brought me this far…”. This is a dream come true, and a joy every Ghanaian must share in”.
A welcome that was well patronized, she was later treated to some traditional dance and brass band delight by a troupe from the La Traditional Council, who also had their Municipal Chief Executive in attendance.
A full blown reception will be held in her honour, in days, officials say.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- What is So Special About Celebrity Autograph Sections At Events That Fans Die For?
- Embossing VGMA winners’ Names on Plaques is Not Necessary-Charterhouse PRO
- Most Members of Ghana Actors Guild Including A-Listers Don’t Pay Dues – Making the Guild Unable To Seek Actors’ Welfare
- 19 Years Sad Prison Story of Geeman to Be Used For a Movie
- Kumawood Actors Disqualified From Travelling - For Not Being Internet-Exposed?