Accordingly to multiple reports, Ghana’s national team-the Black Stars who are currently in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup, expecting to play Portugal on Thursday have threatened to boycott the match over the fact that their bonuses and appearance fees have not been paid yet…
It is understood that some senior members of the team led by Captain Asamoah Gyan have held series of meetings with the management and over sight committee members of the team in relation to the unpaid monies and boycott—and the management has sought to explain why the delay.
The football players were promised $75,000 each as an appearance fee and this money was to be taken from a large amount FIFA paid to Ghana for qualifying for the 2014 World Cup. However, the players have not been given any appearance fees, two weeks after the World Cup started—contrary to the GFA’s promise.
Mr. Ibrahim Sannie Daara, FA spokesperson has confirmed that the players have not been paid anything yet and they are running out of patience, like every reasonable person will do.
Apparently, the players were supposed to hold a training session this morning but they failed to show up as part of their protest and intention to boycott Thursday’s match.
The above situation has made it necessary for the President of Ghana-John Dramini Mahama to intervene, promising the players that they will receive payments by the close of today.
Would president Mahama’s promise be honored and would all the monies be paid as being expected by the players? We have to wait to see….
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Daniel Kenu Drops All Charges Against Baffour Gyan
- Graphic MD Speaks on the BAffour Gyan Assault Case: Apparently Some ‘Big Men’ are Trying to Persuade them to Drop The Case | He Says They Would Prosecute Baffour Gyan to the Bitter End
- ‘Money’ Mayweather Cruises Past Marcos Maidana with Unanimous Points Decision + Monica Monica Performs US National Anthem at the FIGHT
- What is The GFA’s Motive in Sacking Kwesi Appiah Just Months into a New Deal? Is There Some Underhand Deal Going On?
- GFA Confirms Kwesi Appiah's Sacking | Their Website Reads 'GFA And Kwesi Appiah Agree To Mutually Part Ways'