This will only happen in Ghana; Ho West Assembly has spend it’s common fund on unnecessary donations to chiefs, transport allowances, sitting allowances for assembly members and also going the extra mile to furnish the DCE’s residence instead of using it for developmental projects at the district.
People in Vugame in the Ho West District of the Volta Region are in dire need of good road and other infrastructures, but those in authority think otherwise…they love to show their men-ship at funerals by ‘demonstrating wealth’.
Construction works on roads in the area have seized due to lack of funds.
Drivers at the area are complaining of bad business and also high maintenance cost of their vehicles due to the poor nature of the road.
Reports indicate that huge amounts of over “GHc18,000 have been spent on fuel and transport, GHc36,345 on furnishing the DCE’s residence and the assembly, GHc5,672 on sitting allowance and over GHc6,000 on funeral donations and refreshment,” Myjoyonline reported.
What a country we live in…
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Read President John Mahama’s Pledge To Ghanaians On His 57th Birthday
- Hot Shot: Genevieve Nnaji Steps Out In Chic Outfit
- People Having S£x With Horses is on the Rise in Switzerland
- Samini Says He Will Be Cool With Shatta Wale If He Apologize To His Mum
- Uche Jombo and Son Wear Matching Outfits As He Turns 6 Months Old