UK Woman Dies From Allergic Reaction To Glue Used In Her Hair Extensions

atasha-graham


If this sounds like an implausible means of dying, that’s because it is- but that may have been what happened to Atasha Graham, a Jamaican born UK national.

A doctor told the inquest into her death that she may have had an allergic reaction to the glue used to apply her hair extensions, after a night out dancing left her perspiring, possibly leading to the substance entering her bloodstream and triggering an allergic reaction.

As the Daily Mail reports, Dr Michael Heath, who examined her, has ruled out other possible causes of death, such as food or alcohol poisoning, and also found no drugs in her system.

With no other causes available, Dr Heath thinks she might have developed an allergic reaction to glue used in her hair extensions. He said he has seen similar cases in the past few months.

“I’ve seen cases where people using solvent to apply extensions has actually caused anaphylactic shock.” He told the inquest.

“There are about ten to 20 deaths a year in this country, many more in America. I have seen four in the last three months.”

He said the reaction could not have been from the extensions themselves, since she has been wearing them for years- but the solvent used to attach it.

Graham died last year, after a night out with her boyfriend. She collapsed upon reaching home, and died at the hospital later. Nothing was found in her system that would indicate what triggered her death.

“He…examined a hair piece Ms Graham wore to see if there could have been an allergic reaction to the latex glue used to attach it to her natural hair.”

“But the pathologist said he would expect an allergic reaction to occur shortly after the glue was applied and Atasha had been wearing extensions, which she got done in salons, since the age of 20.

“The hair used in hair extensions may have caused the death of Atasha Graham.

“After lengthy discussions with experts the pathologist said he was certain the cause of death was anaphylactic shock as the level of tryptase, which occurs naturally in the body during an allergic reaction, was 178 micrograms per litre of blood – up to 25 times higher than the normal amount of between two and 14 micrograms per litre.”

 

READ ALSO: Start A Blog for Less than 15 GHS A Month & Make As Much As Over 5000 GHS A Month Easily

We PAY for exclusives/breaking news...Got Any? Call/Whatsapp +447837576037 or E-mail: info@ghanacelebrities.com

The writer, a holder of a Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications, is the Managing Editor of GhanaCelebrities.Com. He hails from and stays in Accra. He contends that the problem with Ghana is that people are getting more addicted to groupthink and less addicted to reading with each passing day. His motto is that you can do everything you set your mind to. Contact: info@ghanacelebrities.com


Don't Miss the Scoop...Enter your email address:

Delivered by GhanaCelebrities.Com Via FeedBurner





Don't Miss the Scoop...Enter your email address:

Delivered by GhanaCelebrities.Com Via FeedBurner


50 Bedroom Hostel For SALE--in Ghana